Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Videos like these are great but fake news. This last year my Moomba took 3rd place at surf fest, side by side riding then a vote from the public. Poor Axis has broke down every year and never makes it to the end on day 2.
    31234987_1659617314127718_7803518765773094912_n.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Videos like these are great but fake news. This last year my Moomba took 3rd place at surf fest, side by side riding then a vote from the public. Poor Axis has broke down every year and never makes it to the end on day 2.
    31234987_1659617314127718_7803518765773094912_n.jpg
    Nice! Setup on that wave? Have a port side pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Default Wave comparisons

If the AXIS video was put together by AXIS, I expect bias. Of course they play it at the boat show. Marketing 101.

I shopped bu and axis and was largely unimpressed.

Axis was plain boring and frankly had never seen such poor gelcoat, fit and finish. The only worse interior fitment was Centurion’s Fi series, although had perfect gelcoat.

Bu had lots of gadgets, but felt more flash than quality. Plus everyone in my area owns a BU LSV yawn.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
    Oh I don't like the axis/Malibu wedge crap either.....sucks gas. Just saying anything that rear heavy is gonna ride bow high.....I have an old ass 2002 Calabria Pro-V so ANY of these newer boats would be bad ass to me lol. But mine with a Nauticurl does OK for me and my recreational crew.
    You know, they say the wedge provides 1200/1500 lbs of "ballast" but I would guess this is at wake speed, not surf speed. I don't know enough about foil hydrolics to guess how much "ballast" you get out of it at 11mph. The nicest thing I see with the wedge is take off mode for more lift.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

DFTR-

What boat and ballast set up do you have?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I think that's when he was testing a Max.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Just got back from the DFW boat show and Malibu/Axis dealer had a tower in the middle of their section with 4 TVs....guess what was playing
    I didn’t even notice it lol we looked at the blue interior axis and realized it’s still the same crap interior from last year and kept walking. Was glad to see moomba Supra was set up right there as soon as you enter.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

The guys on the MC and Nauti forums are also getting a laugh from the BU marketing.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    This marketing group that did this video also has one comparing a bu to a mastercraft. One thing i noticed in both videos is the axis and the bu are always closer to the camera in the "side by side" shots. so it's a bit of camera trickery that of course makes the closer wave look bigger. and from what i can tell, they used that imagery to "measure" the waive height and length and volume. and you KNOW they spent more time dialing in their boats to get a prettier wave. hells bells, i can create a TERRIBLE wave out of my boat if i choose to. It's real easy to demonstrate how BAD a wave can be on any boat.
    I've never been in or behind an axis. but in 100% fairness, all i've heard is they do put out a nice surf wave stock.
    I agree w/the, they're scared, comment. SC is killing it.
    Zero regret/buyers remorse.... period.
    that's funny you said that because that was the first thing i noticed as well that the Axis is always up front. I am taking a photography class right now and just learned the principal of "forced perspective". Basically it means that if you want something to look bigger than it is, then you put it in the foreground and it will make everything else in the background look smaller.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    I didn’t even notice it lol we looked at the blue interior axis and realized it’s still the same crap interior from last year and kept walking. Was glad to see moomba Supra was set up right there as soon as you enter.

All the issues I noticed with the 18 Axis interior have been rectified in the 19.
    2019 Supra SL450