Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAX Ballast ?

In a few days I’ll be posting up an install of 720’s piggybacking off the stock rear bags like Boonejeepin and some others have done. Total cost of around $600 give or take. I’ll post a link to that in this thread once I finish it up.

As far as wakemakers goes: I was debating on ordering their kit for $1000, but they refused to send me install instructions without ordering the kit first, which motivated me to do it myself and save some money. The tech guy told me no holes have to be drilled on a 2018, but I don’t see how that is possible. I still ordered everything from them for my install so no hard feelings or anything like that.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Texmoomba810 View Post
    I noticed the same thing. Another thing i didnt get was why the rear bags in that kit are same as stock 1k. Theres a guy on this forum who put the 1280s rear and plumbed 800s midship. There are some posts on here that talk about his install
    Wonder if the 1280’s will work with the rear storage trays offered on the 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    In a few days I’ll be posting up an install of 720’s piggybacking off the stock rear bags like Boonejeepin and some others have done. Total cost of around $600 give or take. I’ll post a link to that in this thread once I finish it up.

As far as wakemakers goes: I was debating on ordering their kit for $1000, but they refused to send me install instructions without ordering the kit first, which motivated me to do it myself and save some money. The tech guy told me no holes have to be drilled on a 2018, but I don’t see how that is possible. I still ordered everything from them for my install so no hard feelings or anything like that.
    Heck yeah post up as detailed instructions, pictures and videos as possible! Their tech guy wouldn’t/couldn’t give me much information on price difference from the 2018 to 2019 exact fit bags other than the 19’s were for g6 pumps. He also didn’t have an explanation when I said I thought g6 was an option on the 18’s as well, so he wouldn’t/couldn’t even tell me if the 18’s work with g6. Super nice guy though, so no hard feelings on my end! I just want to know what I’d be paying $500 extra dollars for!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Ahhh....I thought there were rumors that 2019s were coming with pass-through holes stock. Maybe not unfortunately.

The ones I saw at the show didn't have the pass through (that I saw)

But for other models they finally did reinforce the rear panels! No need anymore for the wakemakers support kits.
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    The ones I saw at the show didn't have the pass through (that I saw)

But for other models they finally did reinforce the rear panels! No need anymore for the wakemakers support kits.
    I just came from the seattle show, and from the boat I saw, holes will need to be drilled.

NOW... They do the exact same thing on the Makai where there are ballast bags under the middle seats. I wonder if a moomba dealer could put this together or if one could get the parts from fly-high?

You would need hose, clamps, flanges (to do it pretty) and of course the bags. The one question I would have is where the bag would exhaust?
    Last edited by flienlow; 01-30-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I just came from the seattle show, and from the boat I saw, holes will need to be drilled.

NOW... They do the exact same thing on the Makai where there are ballast bags under the middle seats. I wonder if a moomba dealer could put this together or if one could get the parts from fly-high?

You would need hose, clamps, flanges (to do it pretty) and of course the bags. The one question I would have is where the bag would exhaust?
    You “T” it into the factory vent line. I’m adding a check valve for each vent as well. I’ll cover all that when I get it finished. I even got flanges to finish off the holes through the stringer. I’ll put up a parts list as well (got everything from wakemakers except the flanges which came from eBay).
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Texmoomba810 View Post
    I noticed the same thing. Another thing i didnt get was why the rear bags in that kit are same as stock 1k. Theres a guy on this forum who put the 1280s rear and plumbed 800s midship. There are some posts on here that talk about his install
    Yep, agree. Glad they made them....but for $500 easily just add the 40x20x20 720s and have essentially the same thing. Just be smarter than me and wear a mask when drilling the fiberglass....I didn't realize that stuff gets everywhere when drilling the pass through wholes and I can't imagine its great for the lungs.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

I guess it isn't the prettiest way to exhaust it, but I just put hose from the top of the bag (with a 90 deg elbow quick disconnect) and spliced it into the rear exhaust with a y fitting. Also added a check valve after they spliced (distal to the Y) since the stock system didn't have any check valves.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    You “T” it into the factory vent line. I’m adding a check valve for each vent as well. I’ll cover all that when I get it finished. I even got flanges to finish off the holes through the stringer. I’ll put up a parts list as well (got everything from wakemakers except the flanges which came from eBay).
    Are you sure you want a check value? how do you get air back in the bag to deflate it?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Are you sure you want a check value? how do you get air back in the bag to deflate it?
    All overflows from the rear bags should have a check valve. It helps the pumps suck the bags empty and flat. You don’t want air getting into them and causing an airlock in the pumps.

BUT! You can’t put a check valve on a front bow bag that piggy-backs of a hard center tank! If you do, you will try to oil can the tank and damage it.

2017 Moomba Craz