Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: MAX Ballast ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    15

    Default MAX Ballast ?

    I have an 18 MAX with the G6 ballast. The WakeMAKERS upgrade is 1K $$ is there a way to buy a smaller bag and plumb and stack it on top of the factory bag? Is it acceptable to do that?

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UT 6000'
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Save up and go the correct route.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,577

    Default MAX Ballast ?

    If you put a ballast bag on top of another bag, it will push the water out of the bag underneath due to its weight, unless you use the overflow of the bottom bag to feed the upper bag.

    But this solution is ghetto and could cause the upper bag to roll off and crash the engine diver panels and seriously fuck up your engine.

    Do it right. You spent $80+k on a boat, donít skimp out on $1k and cost yourself another $5k in repairing damage.

    Buy once, cry once!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Buy once, cry once!
    I did this as MLA sold me the bag for my last boat upgrade and all the hoses/pumps. it was painful but best money I spent on that boat ever. made the surf wave night and day......

    agree 100% do it once.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    If you put a ballast bag on top of another bag, it will push the water out of the bag underneath due to its weight, unless you use the overflow of the bottom bag to feed the upper bag.

    But this solution is ghetto and could cause the upper bag to roll off and crash the engine diver panels and seriously fuck up your engine.

    Do it right. You spent $80+k on a boat, donít skimp out on $1k and cost yourself another $5k in repairing damage.

    Buy once, cry once!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does one need to buy for the max? I read ENZO bags, but how sure how they would fit from looking at the Max I saw?
    2019 MAX On Order (4-2-19 SD)
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    60

    Default

    anybody have pictures of the new wake makers bags installed...or just in general? Im curious to see what they did to get over the hump. Just presuming a couple of connections that go through the hump?
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    anybody have pictures of the new wake makers bags installed...or just in general? Im curious to see what they did to get over the hump. Just presuming a couple of connections that go through the hump?
    I think guys were drilling a hole through the divider to connect to a bag under the side seats.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I think guys were drilling a hole through the divider to connect to a bag under the side seats.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ahhh....I thought there were rumors that 2019s were coming with pass-through holes stock. Maybe not unfortunately.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I canít figure out why the 2018 exact fit bags are $999.99 and the 2019 exact fit bags are $1,499.99. Both show to be 1800 lbs...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickWray View Post
    I can’t figure out why the 2018 exact fit bags are $999.99 and the 2019 exact fit bags are $1,499.99. Both show to be 1800 lbs...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed the same thing. Another thing i didnt get was why the rear bags in that kit are same as stock 1k. Theres a guy on this forum who put the 1280s rear and plumbed 800s midship. There are some posts on here that talk about his install
    2018 moomba max

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •