Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MAX Ballast ?

Quote Originally Posted by NickWray View Post
    Wonder if the 1280’s will work with the rear storage trays offered on the 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd like to know this as well. No sense in me spending the money optioning my build for the trays when I could use the same money towards the FAE.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    In a few days I’ll be posting up an install of 720’s piggybacking off the stock rear bags like Boonejeepin and some others have done. Total cost of around $600 give or take. I’ll post a link to that in this thread once I finish it up.

As far as wakemakers goes: I was debating on ordering their kit for $1000, but they refused to send me install instructions without ordering the kit first, which motivated me to do it myself and save some money. The tech guy told me no holes have to be drilled on a 2018, but I don’t see how that is possible. I still ordered everything from them for my install so no hard feelings or anything like that.
    That would be awesome of you to post up your install. I have a spare 750 lb fly high fat sac laying around and was thinking of using it in the Max if it will fit under the middle seats and able to piggyback off the rear bags. The bag I have measures 50x20x20. It was a cheap bag so hoping it would work and I could get another for the other side. The Wakemakers kit for the Max is $$$.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I'd like to know this as well. No sense in me spending the money optioning my build for the trays when I could use the same money towards the FAE.
    Man the trays are one of the best options on the max, we bought two soft coolers that fit in them to help keep the floor clear.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

My dealer is adding 1k ballast to the rear and told me the trays won't fit so I didn't order them. There should be a little room so I'm going to find some stretchy mesh or something similar so I can still use the space.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Man the trays are one of the best options on the max, we bought two soft coolers that fit in them to help keep the floor clear.
    Thats not a bad idea at all. Currently put one of those soft shelled yeti-like bags behind the drivers seat to serve as a cooler. Could put a much larger one in the compartment. Currently have 10 rolled towels in the starboard one and 10 life vests in the port side.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

So we should order a max with rear trays?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Personally I would opt for just engine tray and use the side lockers for biggest bags that fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default MAX Ballast ?

My install as promised:

Murder Max Mods
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Post #98 in my Murder Max Mods thread if that link doesn’t work
    Last edited by z28ke; 02-03-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018