Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat shed

Default Boat shed

I am looking to purchase a metal roof carport style shed for my 2017 Moomba Craz. I am try to determine the best size. Width, Length and height. Anyone have one? I want the most protection without buying bigger than needed
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    I am looking to purchase a metal roof carport style shed for my 2017 Moomba Craz. I am try to determine the best size. Width, Length and height. Anyone have one? I want the most protection without buying bigger than needed
    I think everything on the site as far as dimensions is accurate, with the exception of the width. With guide poles it’s 107-108” (not 102” as listed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

I am asking more about the size of sheds that people have purchased and are they big enough. Thanks
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

Attach0.jpg

we bit the bullet and just ended up doing this. Worth every penny
    2019 Mondo

I'm getting a Max in March and clearing the area next to my house to park it this month. I'm looking at a metal top like you, 12 feet high for easy clearance with tower up, 30 ft long (boat and trailer is 26'6") and 14 feet wide since I have to back in at an angle.

Keep in mind if you do a car port, try to keep it sheltered best you can. The reason we did the shed was we tried the car port. It got lifted up and destroyed in a spring storm.
    2019 Mondo

search trayson on here. he has a pretty elaborate carport/shed setup along his house in the pacnw. looks pretty nice, sturdy and would protect the boat....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hello.

First off, i went with the 12' sidewalls and they're WAY too high. In fact, I can stand on the tower and I've got like 6 or 7' of clearance to the roof supports. keep in mind that the roof supports arch up a lot and you'll get 2 to 3 more feet of clearance because of that. Having the too high roof makes it so that more rain gets in... When I was having it installed, they offered to cut my sides down and I wish I would have done it. I had this silly idea that someday I might need to park a tall RV under there, but that's never gonna happen. Live and learn.

At least go for 1/2 side walls. full side walls are even better. I went for as big of space as I could fit. 41' feet long, 21' wide. No one ever complains about having too much storage space. I built racks on one side wall for boards.

I have part of my carport over the concrete and it's screwed into the concrete where I can with 2 anchor points. The other 4 anchor points are over gravel and those have mobile home augur anchors for them. I highly recommend paying the extra for those auger anchors. the "stakes" won't do much. I've had mine really swaying with 50+ mph winds and it hasn't had any issues. I did have them put in a handful of the upper braces on the junction of the sidewalls and trusses.

I put up a couple LED shop lights on an extension cord with a remote control on/off switch. that is really nice.

Here's some pics I just took tonight for ya. Excuse my mess.

Wide angle shot:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

This is 20w x 36d x 12 sides.

I looked for 14’ wide also. In my area I have to go to 18’ because after 12’ wide the next size is 18’. Good luck
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite