Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help needed for surfboat.

New to forum but have really enjoyed reading erverybidies post and feedback. Looking for a new boat as we’ve grown out of our MC X9 and looking for surfing upgrade with some modern features. Went to Seattle Boat show and would love thoughts between 2017 SA400, 2017 BU 22 MXZ or a brand new Max or Craz fully loaded. Looks like 2017’s will be about $10k more with a few hours as they were demos and won’t be able to pick colors, which isn’t a huge deal. Looking for purely surfing, holding people and ease to set up surf as my 70yr old dad will be taking grand kids out and want it easy for him to setup throughout the summer.

Thanks in advance for all your time,

Tyson

I would go with the sa or the Malibu if it were me. Moombas are super nice, but a 17 Supra couldn’t have many hours and would be like new I would think. Would def surf better I would think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll love the SA and once you get a good understanding of auto wake, it'll be the easiest to setup up every time out.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

NOthing wrong with a moomba either. They have autowake and can be had for less. Still a quality boat.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    NOthing wrong with a moomba either. They have autowake and can be had for less. Still a quality boat.
    Moomba is great, loved our Mojo. He's looking for the easiest to setup, I feel our SA is way easier than the Mojo. The Mojo was simple as well, but needed a lot of added weight and in the right places. Supra can be weighted more evenly.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Thanks for all the help, I am working on setting up demos for the Supra, which is actually a 2018 SA400 and is offering $92.4K and no hours. The 2017 BU MXZ is no hours as well but I am still negotiating on price, but it's currently listed at $99K. The Supra dealership also sells Moomba, so can test drive a Moomba to compare. I am leaning towards the SA400 unless the BU can come down significantly on price.

Glad to hear about the ease of use of the Autowake on the SA400 as I was actually thinking the BU had a easier to use screen and surf set-up.

Thanks again and any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

Moombas a very nice boat no doubt, but a side by side demo the SA will win every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 64kidder View Post
    2018 SA400 and is offering $92.4K and no hours
    That's a heck of a deal. Do you have an options list for it? I'll say that that Malibu screens are pretty simple, been in a bunch of them. But after a day with the Supra, it'll feel very intuitive, plus you get redundant switches, which I really like.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

So I had a typo in my price its actually $94.2 with majority of options as they come with almost everything, so trailer and covers, etc. Malibu has come back and matched the price for the 2017 22MXZ with no hours, but I will need to add the PnP to the rear-lockers. So basically the same offer for each boat. Still lean towards Supra for surfing and ease of use?

Tough problem to have - 2018 Supra SA or 2017 Malibu 22MXZ. You are going to have a great boat!

I have not been in the 22 BU, but it looks to be a great wakeboarding boat. Has good lines and style. The last new BU I hopped in had a nice dash and easy to follow. Because they went public as a company, some owners claim the fit/finish have suffered a little over the years.

The Supra SA is proven on this site. You will read a lot of good things about what the boat can do. This will probably be the last year of that style boat, the SA is probably the next boat to get a redo in 2020. Just like the SE did this year (2019).

I hope you feel comfortable with both dealers. That's a factor when something needs to be fixed in the first year.
    2018 Supra SL400