Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Does powered skateboarding have a ton of workout value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My girl friend used to say that same quote: "How can you be so tired after surfing or onewheeling?" Now that she Onewheels/Surfs/snowboards, its the best to call her out on that, she'll never live that down..hahaha

Just like surfing or any activity for that matter, If you're staying in one spot not moving around surfing it's pretty easy and you can ride all day. However, for me that's pretty boring, I rarely go in straight lines surfing, Onewheeling or snowboarding, the fun of it is moving around and pushing the limits, carving, jumping ,off road, on road. The activity doesn't make it fun or a workout, you do and how you do it does. If you want to progress in any board/balance related sport cross training is key. I ride my onewheel year round, 1200+ miles this year, I can feel/see the improvements on my wake surf skills not to mention I stay in shape instead of having to get in shape.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    My girl friend used to say that same quote: "How can you be so tired after surfing or onewheeling?" Now that she Onewheels/Surfs/snowboards, its the best to call her out on that, she'll never live that down..hahaha

Just like surfing or any activity for that matter, If you're staying in one spot not moving around surfing it's pretty easy and you can ride all day. However, for me that's pretty boring, I rarely go in straight lines surfing, Onewheeling or snowboarding, the fun of it is moving around and pushing the limits, carving, jumping ,off road, on road. The activity doesn't make it fun or a workout, you do and how you do it does. If you want to progress in any board/balance related sport cross training is key. I ride my onewheel year round, 1200+ miles this year, I can feel/see the improvements on my wake surf skills not to mention I stay in shape instead of having to get in shape.
    Roger that. I had a OneWheel for 1500 miles. Loved it. Got into a Trampa Urban Carver with a lot longer range which I really enjoy—I like going for long rips with tunes in the ears. My feet do get tired after a long ride for sure.

You must be naturally in shape! It def would not keep me in shape by itself. You’re winning! I have become an Orange Theory guy after a decade of crossfitting. Same as you—older than most at 44.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Roger that. I had a OneWheel for 1500 miles. Loved it. Got into a Trampa Urban Carver with a lot longer range which I really enjoy—I like going for long rips with tunes in the ears. My feet do get tired after a long ride for sure.

You must be naturally in shape! It def would not keep me in shape by itself. You’re winning! I have become an Orange Theory guy after a decade of crossfitting. Same as you—older than most at 44.

Just different riding styles, the new XR does 16 miles, I can barely walk after draining it.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Sweet. I rode mine very hard too. My OneWheel shut down on me two times for no reason. Just a flat out brick. I’m done with that noise. Luckily was not actually hurt. Ran one out and tumbled the other one out.

Trampa has a 35 mile range. All the way around the lake. It’s a carving riot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowboarding & Hybernating…
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com