Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your dock wish list

Its been a few years since ive frequented this forum, but i always found it to be one of the more active in the community so posting this here hoping that hasn’t changed.

Finally getting on the lake on a home with a pretty decent existing dock that we’ll be adding a lift to as well as various other upgrades. However I’m posting to see if there were certain features that people LOVE that they added, HATE, that they added, or WISH they added.

We have a fairly long pier into drought resistant deep water, with a large U shaped floating dock with 12x28 slip with another floating 20x20 swim pad attached. Currently the dock only has power ran to the pier and no lift in place. Dock guy is coming Monday for an overall health inspection and to quote a host of ideas and upgrades. The floating slip is less than 2years old and in great shape. The pier has all new pylons yet the decking surface could use some work. Currently only has power to the end of the pier.

Our basic plan is to put a front mount float air 7k lift in, run power for the lift with an additional 2 outlets at the slip. Possibly redo pier decking depending on cost. In my experience with slips ive liked the round tire style guide bumpers on the corners but figured y’all may have better options. May increase the lift capacity to future proof the dock depending on cost.

Let’s hear the ideas
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Shade and seating. A big, lockable dock box so you don't have to take everything in the boat all the time. Lake life is great!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Shade and seating. A big, lockable dock box so you don't have to take everything in the boat all the time. Lake life is great!
    +1 on all those plus some sort of lighting if you don’t already have it. Even the inexpensive solar lights can put off enough light to make a big difference.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

If you will have visitors and there is potential for rough water at your dock then a set of dock whips is nice to prevent tied up boats from getting beat up. Maybe a jet ski lift or a spot for one in the future?
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Wish List? A NEW DOCK. Our is a pile. Thinking about an aluminum one from Canada Dock or Something plastic by Shoremaster. I cant find any on either.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I put this up on one side of the dock to block morning sunlight. Has lasted 2 summers so far.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these to install and started using them around the dock for other things as well as on the boat.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

When we bought our place the power for the lift had 2 points of disconnect on the shore. Both a breaker in a pole mounted breaker box and a physical plug in where I power the lift via an affixed extension cord (the breaker makes the pole mounted receptacle "live"). Although sometimes a pain to run up the ramp and say first 8 steps to the breaker/plug, I've come to appreciate double protection against possible electrical leakage into the water / shock drowning. We basically make the kids come out of the water anytime we need to power the lift. Otherwise, the breaker is off and cord unplugged. Obviously, this set up may differ if your distance from dock to shore is too long making it a nuisance to go plug in.

Also, for those with lights on their dock on a timer or solar lights that come on at dusk....does it increase bug issues? My personnel vendetta is against the spiders and other bugs at our dock. I spray regularly during warm months.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    When we bought our place the power for the lift had 2 points of disconnect on the shore. Both a breaker in a pole mounted breaker box and a physical plug in where I power the lift via an affixed extension cord (the breaker makes the pole mounted receptacle "live"). Although sometimes a pain to run up the ramp and say first 8 steps to the breaker/plug, I've come to appreciate double protection against possible electrical leakage into the water / shock drowning. We basically make the kids come out of the water anytime we need to power the lift. Otherwise, the breaker is off and cord unplugged. Obviously, this set up may differ if your distance from dock to shore is too long making it a nuisance to go plug in.

Also, for those with lights on their dock on a timer or solar lights that come on at dusk....does it increase bug issues? My personnel vendetta is against the spiders and other bugs at our dock. I spray regularly during warm months.
    Amen to the protection against electrical shock. Maybe some type of alarm system that detects electricity in the water? I witnessed someone die this way, very serious and dangerous thing to mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavfx4 View Post
    Amen to the protection against electrical shock. Maybe some type of alarm system that detects electricity in the water? I witnessed someone die this way, very serious and dangerous thing to mess with.
    We picked up a shock alert.

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    We picked up a shock alert.

Wow! That looks like a great product! Will definitely be picking one of these up.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead