Default Flush Pro install...

I just got a Flush Pro for Christmas.. Can't wait to go to boat storage and install it. I assumed that it screwed into the quick disconnect for some reason and was a little dismayed when it says to cut hose. I have not looked at the engine yet, but I am having trouble thinking of which hose to cut...? Thought it was just as easy as using the quick disconnect.. my bad..

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated... After my wife and I had a very marine christmas, we are seriously awaiting warmer weather.

Merry Christmas

BW

Got it in..but got other probs now.. looks like seal on impeller is cracked/leaking...HATE WINTER.

BW, did you pull your impeller for the winter? I usually pull mine out when I'm winterizing, smear it with vaseline and put it in a ziplock until spring. I also put a new gasket on when I reinstall it.

I had not pulled it. I took the cover off the impeller when I winterized and checked it out. there must have been a little water in there when it hit 20 degrees a few weeks ago. I have now ordered a new impeller/seal. I see yo mention replacing the seal when you reinstall. Where are you able to buy just the seal? I found very few places on internet for getting the impeller and nowhere with just seal. Moomba dealer is 3 hrs away...

Thanks for the suggestion.

BW

http://www.skidim.com/

Some dealers will also mail you parts, call yours and see.

-Joe

BW, I get mine from Discount Inboard Marine. The gasket is part number 0723. I usually order 3 or 4 at a time as I have to change them each year but have found that I only need to change my impeller about every three years if I take care of it. The impeller is part number 0714.

BTW, the guys at DIM are really great to work with and are very helpful in answering any questions you might have.

Joe posted the link to DIM above.

Thanks Guys. I called DIM Tuesday but they were closed for a few days this week. I ordered the impeller from Overtons but I will look to DIM for some more gaskets.

Thanks for the help / input.