Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Guys, I may have a bit of an issue. Seems I have read a lot of comments on youtube vids about people having difficulty with the surf wave out of the MAX. Is this true?

To be crystal clear I am not buying a boat just to buy a boat. I want an definitive upgrade from my LSV and to solve all the short comings my LSV has. For spending almost twice as much as My LSV was, this Max would be need to be fantastic out of the gate. My wife would lose her mind if I said I needed to buy this or that to make a MAX "work." Not to mention I would be extremely upset. Furthermore, I am not interested in "OK".

Can a Max owner weigh in on this?
    Max is a brilliant boat. Getting a perfect surf wake takes a bit of operator effort on every boat in the land. Nobody has a turnkey, idiot proof surf boat.

They all work fine in factory form, and will need weight if you want them to be killer. Not unique to the Max by any stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invite ten adults out every trip and your wave will be great! Trying to surf with just a couple people in the boat, add additional ballast to compensate. Easy math equation. The Max is a fantastic boat. Enjoy.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Get the BIGGEST bags that fit in the rear and make sure it has the front/center ballast as well.

As other people have said, going out with 2-3 people on the boat and expecting Waimea sized waves is going to disappoint you. Get a crew of 6-7+ people and it will be amazing.

2017 Moomba Craz

Okay...

1.So I have the Wakemaker ballast upgrade for my LSV. Can I use those bags (910lb) and plug them in Series with MAX ballast? My new boat lift is 6000lb capacity. I don't want to put a 1000lbs of lead in the boat, and break my back taking it out so I dont kill my new lift. I would rater spend my time packing out old beer cans.

2. I not excited about having larger ballast bags out in the open either. It was acceptable when I was younger, but not now. I use a midship center bag in the LSV due to necessity. If I have to do the same thing in a MAX, I will lose one of the main reasons I am upgrading my boat.

3. Do you surf the Max Bow high? What about bow weight?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

You're over thinking all this dude. Do what just about every other Max owner has done, install enzos or get a couple of 400s for under your side seats and a pump. You won't have anything out in the open. Get a couple hundred in lead, place that evenly mid ship but hidden away. Then let the good times roll.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

There are 2 really good threads on here talking about setting up the Max’s ballast for a great wave. You should definitely check them out. I am not sure how to link them from my phone but they are “Max Surf Settings??” and “Moomba Max Ballast Questions”. They have a lot of good info on there and it seems you can do everything hidden under seats and link them all to the original pumps so you won’t have anything on the floor or need any external pumps.

Boonejeepin also links a video he put up on YouTube that shows him surfing his wave after he upgraded his ballast. It looks sweet!

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

With Autowake presets for wake surf and wakeboarding and G6, all you need to worry about is adding ballast.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    With Autowake presets for wake surf and wakeboarding and G6, all you need to worry about is adding ballast.

Enzo bags for sure. Those 900’s are nothing for a Max. You did see how MASSIVE the rear lockers are right? Probably twice the depth if not more of the LSV.

2017 Moomba Craz

Here is one thread .......

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Max surf settings. There is also another if you search:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400