Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

nothing against josh's post but I would rock that blue color above with a white top/bottom deck. that white/black looks a tad bland.
    no way in heck I would ever do a black or grey top deck here in the nevada sun.

that blue in a fleck would look awesome......

do agree that this boat needs 2 tone color. that solid blue from the OP looks odd and bet it'll look a but funny on the water but it's always your money. buy what you like. several love our color scheme and a few others said it's not for them.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default 2019 MAX Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    The look of solid colors an no graphic is so good looking on the water.

I would not say that is a solid color, that looks two tone to me. That black/white combo does look sharp although I might flip those colors.

My comment was towards the monochromatic pacific blue.

I am not thrilled with the color limitations of the MAX.

I would personally not do a black bottom as it will show scratches and scuffs. I would like the black and blue above waterline and put platinum on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That white/black combo has a tuxedo classy kinda look to it, I like it!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I agree!! “Stay Classy!”

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Guys, I may have a bit of an issue. Seems I have read a lot of comments on youtube vids about people having difficulty with the surf wave out of the MAX. Is this true?

To be crystal clear I am not buying a boat just to buy a boat. I want an definitive upgrade from my LSV and to solve all the short comings my LSV has. For spending almost twice as much as My LSV was, this Max would be need to be fantastic out of the gate. My wife would lose her mind if I said I needed to buy this or that to make a MAX "work." Not to mention I would be extremely upset. Furthermore, I am not interested in "OK".

Can a Max owner weigh in on this?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

It needs additional weight over the stock ballast for me @ 220+/- lbs. My wife could surf it stock just fine @ 120lbs. She just gave me 2x 720lb sacks for my birthday to go under the side seats!!!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I don't think you will find any boat under 100k that surfs "great" out of the box. they all need additional weight so expect to be swapping rear bags and possible front but beyond that you shouldn't have to do much else.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Mine up top was platinum and dark graphite. Looked white and black until you got a little closer.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Matt Brown, the Moomba Product Engineer, has a thread on here about it. I think it was started just after the boat was released. Talked about ballast and surf wakes.

Same advise as above: Add weight - plenty of room for it.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Guys, I may have a bit of an issue. Seems I have read a lot of comments on youtube vids about people having difficulty with the surf wave out of the MAX. Is this true?

To be crystal clear I am not buying a boat just to buy a boat. I want an definitive upgrade from my LSV and to solve all the short comings my LSV has. For spending almost twice as much as My LSV was, this Max would be need to be fantastic out of the gate. My wife would lose her mind if I said I needed to buy this or that to make a MAX "work." Not to mention I would be extremely upset. Furthermore, I am not interested in "OK".

Can a Max owner weigh in on this?
    I love the Max and It surfs very well. Out of the box the wake is clean and very serviceable. If you desire more power from the wave you need to fill the boat with people, lead, or bigger ballast bags. There is some trade off that a boat manufacturer has to make between legal seating/people capacity and the Max factory ballast. IMO, This is true with any boat.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there