Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not happy

Hybrid View

Default Not happy

All of my boats have been Skiers Choice Products. Today I contacted a dealer to inquire about yet another Skiers Choice boat I like that they have in Stock. I was told they Would/Could not sell to me because I was not local to them. In other words, my only choice is to use 1 local dealer that does not have anything I want. I have been a loyal Customer, but Since Skiers Choice will not allow me to purchase one of their Boats, I will probably be going elsewhere now perhaps an Axis.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

All brands have dealer regions, that's not something specific to skiers choice. Your local dealer should be able to work something out with the dealer in question to get you that boat. Talk to both dealers, then go to skiers directly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

This makes no sense to me. Why should I have to supplicate a local dealer, or let them add their mark up to a boat? They are not that fantastic in the first place which is why I do not feel obligated to use them in the first place. Not to mention my current boat was purchased out of network. If the local guy chooses to A. Not have any boats to sell, and B. Charges a premium margin on it, then they should be free to do so, just as I should be free to buy where I find what I want.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

That seems strange to me, I know dealers have their regions but why wouldn't they sell a boat to anyone regardless of where they live? Just like buying a car.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

That's just the way it is, and like I said, not specific to skiers. Is this your first NEW boat purchase or has your local dealer just had a better stock of boats in past years? I'm surprised you're just finding this out now.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Something isn't right. I bought my boat from a dealer 2 hours from me and i have another dealer who i would NEVER buy from just 20 min away. I encountered NO PROBLEMS. Both were happy to work with me on pricing. This is America the last time i checked, you can buy were you want. And yes, i bought a Moomba.

In fact when i was looking at Axis, i had dealers from 3 separate states trying to sell me a boat. They all knew where i lived because i provided my address on some of the inquiry forms. Tommy's in Michigan is still trying to sell me a boat. I don't live in Michigan and there are lots of Axis dealers in my state.

Sorry, but this shouldn't be happening. I could only imagine if i walked into a car dealership to by a truck and they said no, you have a dealer thats only 4 miles from your house and we are 25 miles away.. it would NEVER happen. Especially if you looking at inventory.

and i don't agree with "this is the way it is".. i have never had that problem with a boat, snowmobile, car, truck, fishing boat, jetski, or ATV. I buy from who i want to work with. I base it on dealer reputation, pricing and service and not once in my lifetime have i ever encountered this. There are different dealerships for a reason. Some are good, some suck. The ones that suck go out of business and that doesn't leave you protected. I would be outraged and not take no for an answer.
    Last edited by jason1973; 01-15-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    2019 Mondo

i ran into this many times looking at new Moombas. Seems there is just a gentleman's agreement in place. they will sometimes get approval from the local dealer to work with you or the local dealer is happy to transfer it in. i found that if the local dealer didn't have the model then it was pretty simple to work with someone else.
    2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs

I have never bought a new boat from a dealer but this just blows my mind... I always figured when i was ready to buy new i would contact multiple dealers and see who could give me the best price.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Nope and you have to jump through so many hoops to get the price unless you show up at their door step. seems like only a couple dealers in the entire country don't put "Call For Price" on every single boat
    2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs

Default Not happy

Did you mention to them you’re not interested in buying from the local dealer?

Usually lots of room to make a deal involving one or both parties.

I certainly would not be “angry” about it. Just find the path that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk