Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Not happy

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    They actually told you the local dealer is not obligated to service the boat..You mean provide warranty repairs? Any dealer turning away service work is an idiot.

Regarding warranty- there are laws regulating (protecting customers) (Magnuson-Moss) and so I would be surprised if any dealer would/could refuse to perform warranty service. Dealers get paid to perform warranty anyways, so again why would a local dealer turn you away?

What if you move out of state..the new local dealer has the right to refuse to perform warranty on your boat? What of you moved across the country..

My point is, whoever you talked to at S.C. is misinformed...
    Regional Sales Manager for the Northwest.

Now then... that does NOT mean they will not service your boat. It means they are NOT OBLIGATED to do so (yes warranty repairs.) And yes, dealerships would be dumb not too. I mean factory Pay? C'mon. But having said that, if there are 10 loyal customers with boats that need to be serviced, I would think they get in before you do if you don't buy from them which would make perfect sense. SC also wants to ensure their Customers are locally supported which is where this gray area all starts. I think the support model on boats is a bit different than say a car. With that said, that is why SC would prefer you buy local. (at least this is way I understood the conversation I had.)
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Sales Managers don’t know crap about service/warranty...Let him stick to sales.

Any Moomba dealer would be required to perform warranty repairs in compliance with your expressed limited warranty. I can assure you the warranty document with the boat will not specify you need to use only the dealer you bought from for your warranty to be valid..that is illegal.

Anyways, don’t fret and buy the boat. Be sure to post pics!

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I just got off the phone with Skiers Choice and this matter has been cleared up.
    So what is your plan now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    DFTR Josh, I give you props for helping that customer especially after he pimped you. Tells me a lot about the level of service you provide.
    I personally would have told that guy to pound sand.
    Your business ain't nothing without customer service I feel Supra has some of the best customer service and followed up by outstanding dealers across the USA.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I think it has to do more with the dealers than than SC. Before we ordered our Mondo in 2014 we demoed in Knoxville and priced it out at that dealer and our Ohio dealer. While we owned that boat it was serviced by both dealers as would my current boat. This is due to them both being great dealers. I was upfront about the deal the whole time and my wife Deanna made the point for ordering from Sea Ray, was at that pont in our life the boat spent more days in Ohio than TN. One of these days the boat may stay in TN and that will change the selling dealer possibly.

My experience is that i have been thoroughly unimpressed by boat dealers. not sure if its the good economy, lack of competition, or what but the few dealers i have dealt with were terrible. People not returning phone calls, not knowing about their inventory, quality of repair. Always walk out thinking i could make a killing if i became a dealer because the bar is set so low.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Automotive, boat, motorsports dealers really need impress me to earn my business.

Starts with a fair deal, follow up on the sale, service etc.

Fail at any of them and dealers won’t be around long.

Dealers can’t survive on one time sales.

That said, I have yet to find an Automotive dealer worth a shit, luckily I have an OEM discount which makes buying easy. But I refuse to take vehicles in for service because they all suck.

Motorsports dealers are typically worse than automotive dealers. Every dealer I have bought snowmobiles or jet skis from are now out of business.

My Supra dealer so far so good. My first boat purchase so time will tell.

DFTR Josh, I give you props for helping that customer especially after he pimped you. Tells me a lot about the level of service you provide.

I personally would have told that guy to pound sand.

2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs

Most manufacturers are the same though... I assisted in purchasing a couple G23's from out of state - local dealer has a wrap sheet a mile long for all the wrong reasons. He now refuses to service these boats at all, or provide parts. Its a mess.

I would always be willing to give the local dealer the business, as long as they are reasonable/knowledgeable and understand we are in the age of the internet with their pricing strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    I assisted in purchasing a couple G23's from out of state - local dealer has a wrap sheet a mile long for all the wrong reasons. He now refuses to service these boats at all, or provide parts. Its a mess.
    wait. customer refuses to buy a boat from a dealer that is shady/unethical/jerk. whatever the reason. now refuses to service boat that customer is bringing to same said dealer that didn't want to buy from in the first place? if you choose to play the pricing game/hate the dealer/like a different dealer and go elsewhere, have a game plan for what you are going to do to get it serviced.

I have to agree with most that dealers make a good living off service and most should want to service a boat for the money but as a small business owner I should be able to refuse service to anyone- remember the story about the gay couple not being able to get a cake in denver- and now the above customers got what they asked for.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    So what is your plan now?

Probably stop pissin' and crying and buy a new Moomba? ...We'll see.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    wait. customer refuses to buy a boat from a dealer that is shady/unethical/jerk. whatever the reason. now refuses to service boat that customer is bringing to same said dealer that didn't want to buy from in the first place? if you choose to play the pricing game/hate the dealer/like a different dealer and go elsewhere, have a game plan for what you are going to do to get it serviced.

I have to agree with most that dealers make a good living off service and most should want to service a boat for the money but as a small business owner I should be able to refuse service to anyone- remember the story about the gay couple not being able to get a cake in denver- and now the above customers got what they asked for.
    The dealer is too shady to buy a new boat from, but dude is willing to let them service it?! Wtf...Something sounds fishy here...or a little like bulls**t.