Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not happy

How the hell has this escalated? It's mid January, how is building what you want not an option?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Warranty work is warranty work, the dealer shouldn’t care where the boat is from, SC is paying the bill. So who cares.
    Saying you have to go to the dealer you bought from is ridiculous. What if I bought from Rinkers and move? You think the local dealer is gonna be any less happy? They’re not gonna tell me to go back to Houston. If anything along those lines happened I’d drop skiers choice so fast no matter what. You stand behind your product, brand and dealers. Period.
    If not I’ll find one that does.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    How the hell has this escalated? It's mid January, how is building what you want not an option?
    guessing that the dealer a ways away has the boat that he likes and probably offering a better deal on it than one would get building.

Tinker has gotten involved in a few of these issues in the past and maybe a district territory manager could make a quick phone call to help resolve this and keep him in the family.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I believe its on on new models that are out, holdovers and used boats dont matter unless the rules have changed . I did the same thing wanted a new boat in inventory from michigan and they were willing to deal inventory with my NY dealer , funny we were able to build my 12 xlv exactly the way i wanted it at the right price. Talk to the local dealer they will work with you if they want the sale
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

From Rick Tinker - and I know Drew has said the same thing on Facebook.

There was a discussion on the same subject. If you want to find it, search for territory.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1786...epa=SEARCH_BOX

"Any dealer can sell a boat to any customer. If your boat is going to serviced by another dealer, that is closer to you we encourage you to purchase the boat from that local dealer to provide you the best and timeliness of service(Yes, our dealers are required to service any of our models sold regardless of where they purchased it, but we cannot control where you fit in that service line in comparison to that local dealers customers). It is normal for dealers to exchange boats if there is a certain type or color of boat you have found at another location. If i can be of any assistance in this regard just PM me here. Ric"
    2018 Supra SL400

Try the email in Post #7 of this thread: [email protected]

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-Cracking-Hull

Drew helps out a lot of people.
    2018 Supra SL400

I am sorry for you, man. This is not how they should do business.
    I've been into reading since my early years in school. Later I discovered the joy of creating and sharing my own stories. After a school, college, and a number of courses I'm now a content creator at Flash Essay. My stories are about our everyday life.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    guessing that the dealer a ways away has the boat that he likes and probably offering a better deal on it than one would get building.

Tinker has gotten involved in a few of these issues in the past and maybe a district territory manager could make a quick phone call to help resolve this and keep him in the family.
    This is an easy fix and it might take from his dealers profits. I went and did a demo for a customer that was 6 hours of drive time. Everything went great, he ended up building out of state since it was cheaper. I was a little flustered especially when he called and asked for help since he couldn't get the wave I could. I sucked it up and helped him and he's a happy Skiers Choice owner, but it was a kick in the balls.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

man josh, that takes some big cajones to ask you to demo and buy out of state but even bigger to ask for help dialing in the wave....

I do have to say tho that depending on the price savings, I would go out of state if the money was significant enough. a grand, probably not. 5k I'll enjoy the drive to pick up my new toy. some dealers get that and some really don't care and for those that choose not to play the pricing game, they should not be surprised/upset if their business goes out of area.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

To answer a few questions.
    I buy my straw hats in the winter and a Boat/Car/Tractor/Airplane (whatever) I have found are all less money when sitting on a dealers lot. It's just the way it is. If something doesn't have a the big features I want, I walk. I also don't need a fully pimped out boat.

DFTR- That customer was a tool. If I bought the boat from you, for sure I would consult you over the phone. I would not expect you to assist if I went elsewhere. But with that said, the seed you plant today, may reap you a harvest in the future. - you never know.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L