Default High Capacity Ballast Pump

Hi,

I just purchased a new 2006 Mobius LSV with the stock Gravity I ballast system and am having the dealer install the Gravity III system. Since I will be upgrading to the 750 lbs each rear bags this summer, it occurred to me that I should look into upgrading the pumps as well in order to minimize the time it takes to fill the much larger bags. Has anyone upgraded their pumps, or looked into it? If so, I would welcome your input.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

i currently just use the factory pumps for my two 750's in the back. it really does not take that long to fill up.

now i do use the pump that ed is recommending when i fill up my extra 750 that i use for surfing that i lay on the seat when we don't have many people in the boat. that thing is fast.

doug

Thanks for the input. Do you know the gph rating of the stock pumps? Can the Tsunami be plumbed into the stock system without too much trouble? Is there a separate fill and empty pump for each bag? Sorry for all the newbie questions.

Thanks.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

cab, sorry i have no clue what the filling rate is. it takes about 10-15 minutes to fill my two 750's in the back and the front bag.

in regards to the tsunami pump, I use it to fill and empty the xtra 750 bag that i use only for surfing...

I use the stock pumps to fill my rear 750's. It takes 10-15 minutes if I do it when the boat is moving (i.e. comparable to the Tsunami when adrift). It takes perhaps 20+ minutes for the stock pumps when adrift, though I have taken to only filling them 2/3 full.

On my boat (2005 XLV), we often alternate between wakeboarding and (unweighted) hydrofoiling, so filling the bags fast is valuable to me when I want to get in an extra weighted run before sunset. This will become more important when I upgrade the front to 1000lbs. Any more information on easy replacement of the stock pumps with Tsunami or other brands would be appreciated!

I believe those pumps are rated @ 1100GPH
    Hope this helps
    B

Hey qb12,

I am new to wakesurfing, have only done it a couple times, behind my brother's Tige 24V (with no ballast but a half dozen people in the boat). Do you really need (3) 750 lb bags to surf?? I was hoping that the two 750's (plus the stock 400 in the ski locker) would be sufficient, even with just my wife and two small kids in the boat. I was going to fill the front bad and the port bag full and the starboard bag half full and thought that would create enough of a wake to surf. I weigh 170 lbs, as an FYI. Guess I will find out for myself soon enough but am surprised to hear that much ballast is needed to surf.

Any advice on what board I shoud buy?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

cab, wakesurfing differs so much with each boat. you will just need to experiment with different amts of weight and see what you like best.

i have found that using the two 750's (no passengers) is best on my boat along with the front bag full and the wakeplate about 3/4's up.

in regards to board i really enjoy the inland surfer blue lake. i know that ed has one also. it is a very fast and stable board that is good for almost everyone that goes out with you. you can talk with jeff page at inland surfer and can advise you which board is right for you.

db

ed, do you think that might be because of the good foundation that you learned on the blue lake.

the reason i ask, is i started out on a cwb tsunami and really was not progressing as much as i had hoped, then bought the blue lake and really learned how to ride that board much better and because of learning a better foundation, i can now ride both boards much better.

doug

ps, happy holidays to all.