Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default All the car guys... let’s stop stealing boat threads lol

I guess we can make this a dedicated motor head spot since there seems to be plenty of us. Imagine that, boat guys like go fast toys too...

So my collection is growing. As y’all saw in the ‘Bu thread, just picked up a pretty nasty built and cammed 4th gen MM6 WS6. I had a hand in building this thing years ago with my buddy.
    Built factory 241 heads, TSP Torquer V3 (the most hated LS cam ever, but it sounds soooo good), monster stage 2 clutch with lightweight flywheel, fully built 10 bolt (still a joke) with an ultimate 10 kit tube braces and fully welded axle tubes. 3.90’s and truetrac.
    It’s been a driver it’s whole life, 173k when I bought it, still has the factory u joints in the driveshaft. Lol
    Full BMR and UMI suspension, all kinds of goodies under it.
    It’s a blast to drive, but it smoked the pilot bearing and developed a high rpm 3-4 gear vibration. So the T56 is out and headed to be rebuilt one of these days. Back in the Cummins full time. Lol

My uncles 3rd gen IROC I acquired, it’s tucked back away in his hangar for the time being. I just flat out don’t have time. And I need a lift... I’m getting to old to be rolling around in my back anymore. That stuffs for the birds.

Last edited by Broke Pilot; 01-11-2019 at 03:18 PM.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Working from the ground is definitely for the birds!! Sounds like a sweet ride, can't wait to hear how she turns out!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

2010 CTS-V 6speed Manual

Tore into it at 3000 miles.

Cam, pullies, long tubes, ported supercharger, ported LS7 throttle body, CAI, significant HX system upgrades.

Dynos on a dynojet 679whp/662wtq SAE

Added a carbon fiber hood.

Car is nice weather only and at 8 years of ownership has 32k miles

I have built 15-20 gen 2 CTS-V’s and ZL1’s with the LSA for friends and customers. I enjoy wrenching on the side and hooked up with one of the best tuners in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 01-11-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

2010 CTS-V 6speed Manual

I have built 15-20 gen 2 CTS-V’s and ZL1’s with the LSA for friends and customers. I enjoy wrenching on the side and hooked up with one of the best tuners in the country.

Love that ride - Black CTS-V. I want to get one in the next few years. Got a few other things to knock out first.

Local tuner or do you have to haul it?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Love that ride - Black CTS-V. I want to get one in the next few years. Got a few other things to knock out first.

Local tuner or do you have to haul it?

Local Detroit tuner, actually worked for GM and developed the stock tuning for the 2009 CTSV and ZR1.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Dude... that thing is sick. It’s hard to wrong with a black V.
    What cam did you go with under that LSA?

Lindsay has been eyeing the ATS V... that’s gonna lead to nothing but trouble and an empty wallet. But it could be fun.

I’m just ready to have a fun driver again. The 3rd gen is gonna be the dedicated track toy. Sure wish I could get me n my brothers shop up n going soon so I could use some of it as a write off! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Dude... that thing is sick. It’s hard to wrong with a black V.
    What cam did you go with under that LSA?

Lindsay has been eyeing the ATS V... that’s gonna lead to nothing but trouble and an empty wallet. But it could be fun.

I’m just ready to have a fun driver again. The 3rd gen is gonna be the dedicated track toy. Sure wish I could get me n my brothers shop up n going soon so I could use some of it as a write off! Lol
    224/236 115lsa .581/.602

It is 0 overlap and works with a manual , an automatic would not like it.

Mild lump idle but smooth, still drives like stock until you lean into it.

Drove full time on drag radials on the street for 15k miles. Could dead hook.

But went back to street tires now and much prefer the handling of this sedan.

It’s an amazing car and my racing days are over.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 01-11-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Nice, I have a lunati 230/236 .555/.555 on a 114 in my old school lt1 (supercharged 93 Z28 I’ve owned since october 99 when I was a senior in high school ). I’ll have to post up some pics and a list of mods since there’s a 4th gen guy in the house!!!

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Nice, I have a lunati 230/236 .555/.555 on a 114 in my old school lt1 (supercharged 93 Z28 I’ve owned since october 99 when I was a senior in high school ). I’ll have to post up some pics and a list of mods since there’s a 4th gen guy in the house!!!

Assume it was a manual or a higher stall converter? + 5 overlap probably helped you bleed off boost with a 10.5-1 compression ratio.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Assume it was a manual or a higher stall converter? + 5 overlap probably helped you bleed off boost with a 10.5-1 compression ratio.

Its manual (t56). When I put the cam in back around 2004 I spec’d it for nitrous since I had previously been running a 175 shot on the stock motor (it was originally an automatic car so I did a 3200 stall, full exhaust, 3.73’s, drag radials, etc and was fairly high on the street racing ladder around here in the early 2000’s before everything got crazy fast - well I eventually got a street racing ticket so I decided to convert to manual to make it a fun car to drive).

So when I did the cam I had already swapped in the t56, and this was back when very few cam/bolt on lt1’s made over 350rwhp. Mine made 356!!!

I never sprayed it with the cam in it because I was having trouble with a solenoid, and found a good deal on a used vortech s-trim kit. Put that on around 2006 with a little methanol and she makes 488rwhp corrected and 523rwhp uncorrected in good air (best 1/4 mile trap speed is 125mph).

I figured the motor would have popped about 10 years ago since stock lt’s and boost don’t get along, but she’s still going strong lol. I’ve never even had the heads off the motor!

Of course over the years I’ve done a Strange 12-bolt rear (broken it twice on the track), Mcloud street twin clutch; and full BMR suspension.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018