Default Launching and Recovery question

Just bought an 05 Mobius LS. We're looking forward to spring so we can get it in the water. The manual talks very little about launching and recovering the boat and warns of hull damage if the trailer is too deep. I never had any issues with my Bayliner. The lauch at my lake house is a bit steep. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Here is how it goes. Trailer is in too far to start, since there is no lift from the trailer on the front, the nose comes in too low for the front bumper, you look, say shucks (you don’t really say shucks but a reasonable proximity) and lower the trailer further to get the attach points lined up.

Tuttle the trailer tire covers, never go deeper. If the front does not line up 9/10 times you are too deep. Steep ramps can add to this problem and the trailer needs to be further OUT of the water. You push up the trailer under power.

These boats do not steer without power, you cannot coast in.

Docking – 45 deg to the dock (driver side), in under power then hit reverse when the nose is right near the dock, prop spin pulls in the stern in and you're done.

Always use bumpers with docks. $150 stupid tax to fix the gel coat if you do not (I’m paid up).

My $.02 – worth what you paid for it.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out come spring.
    Wife and kid are really looking forward to baording behind this baot. I dragged them around behind my 05 Bayliner 185 for two seasons and they said "Enuff!"
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Bombguy
    Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out come spring.
    Wife and kid are really looking forward to baording behind this baot. I dragged them around behind my 05 Bayliner 185 for two seasons and they said "Enuff!"
    Neil
    Jeremy over at Atlanta Marine had my wife and I spend about 30-45 minutes practicing before delivering our craft.

In just under a year, have yet to run up on the dock.
    Did load onto the trailer a wee bit heavy once and didn't "glide" on as easily as it should have.
    The marks on my craft are from a day when we were tied up and a jet ski insisted on doing donuts in front of the dock. The rollers were so high that the bottom edge of the dock, the part under water came up and scraped the hull. I was so ticked off. Sometime after the new year will run the boat up and let them work on it in the slow season.