Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dale Hollow Lake this Summer - TN/KY

Looking forward to hitting a new lake this summer.

Supra and Moomba owners - 2nd week of July:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...12th-14th-2019
    2018 Supra SL400

Have been going to DHL since I was 8. No one will be disappointed with any part of it. We try to make it down there 3-5x year driving from IN. Recently moved to KY for work so hoping to make it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I'm pretty excited about that group heading to DHL! I't been my main go-to all of my life, but things drag me to Cumberland a little more these days. If anyone here has any questions about the area, I am happy to help! I will be there on the family houseboat with my Craz and my family Ts6m that weekend.

13mobiusLSV, where in KY are you now?
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I maybe down for that. You guys need to come to lake Cumberland too!

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I'm pretty excited about that group heading to DHL! I't been my main go-to all of my life, but things drag me to Cumberland a little more these days. If anyone here has any questions about the area, I am happy to help! I will be there on the family houseboat with my Craz and my family Ts6m that weekend.

13mobiusLSV, where in KY are you now?
    We are out in La Grange, in Oldham co. How about you guys?

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Somerset, Ky

There were a few lakes they tossed around, Dale Hollow, Norris, Lanier, and Cumberland.
    Last 3 get pretty busy on weekends, so Dale Hallow looked most peaceful and cleanest.

I also tossed out the idea Ft Loudon and Tellico in Knoxville. Catch a factory tour on that Friday.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    There were a few lakes they tossed around, Dale Hollow, Norris, Lanier, and Cumberland.
    Last 3 get pretty busy on weekends, so Dale Hallow looked most peaceful and cleanest.

I also tossed out the idea Ft Loudon and Tellico in Knoxville. Catch a factory tour on that Friday.
    While DHL might be smaller than some of those mentioned (we have spent lots of time on norris and Cumberland also) there are plenty of longer fingers and coves for great water even on the busiest of weekends.

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    While DHL might be smaller than some of those mentioned (we have spent lots of time on norris and Cumberland also) there are plenty of longer fingers and coves for great water even on the busiest of weekends.

I agree. We get to Norris - lots of SC boats there.
    Never been to Cumberland, but looking at the size, there has to be nice water somewhere on wkends.

I lived in ATL for a few years, did not have good luck at Lanier on weekends. Early in day - not a problem.
    On my buddy's yacht - sure, but dang did that place get rough.

Looking forward to hitting Cumberland someday.
    2018 Supra SL400

Dale Hollow has WAAAAAY more places to get away from the main lake than Cumberland. Dale Hollow says WAAAAY cleaner too; both water clarity and debris. Cumberland is riddled with "mines" and "Season Enders" until 4th of July.. Sometimes later than that - last year was a horrible year for me to own a brand new boat because all of the rain brought debris out all the way through the season on Cumberland. It's a mystery as to why Dale Hollow never suffers from this. My theory is that the Obey River is a much smaller river than the Cumberland, and that Dale Hollow is older than Cumberland (but only by about 10 years)

13mobiusLSV, I'm in Lexington but grew up in Louisville. My uncle - who we're pretty close with - lived in Smithfied (Oldham/Henry Co Line) most of my life, but just moved to Bullit Co.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead