Default So many wires.....

Hi every one,

I am always interested in knowing how things works.

hoping that my english is good enough so that you can understand me .... I'm from Quebec, so I speak french

So I studied the rocker switch wiring on my Mondo 2014. I have a question on the NAV / ANC. In the NAV position, I understand that 2 wires go from terminal # 3, to power the NAV light (red / green) and the ANC. But in the ANC position, why 2 wires if only one light to energized?
    Maybe the switch is "pre-wired" if an ANC light would be installed on the back of the boat rather than on the wakeboard tour?

Someone knows the answer ?

rocker switch-1.jpg
    rocker switch-2.jpg
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

When you’re in Anchor or Navigation mode there is also a signal to light up the dash. As it assumes it’s dark and you need to see the dashboard. That’s probably why there two outputs for both positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I guess you are right Stazi.... I know the dash light is on in the NAV position....but not sure for the ANC.... I removed for the winter......but I will reinstall the battery and check.
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Yes you may be right. I can’t remember if the dash lights are on for Anchor - probably not.

But I know the older boats had two anchor light locations. One on the tower and one on the transom for a plug in anchor light.

The newer boats I don’t think have a provision for a second light, but there could be a pigtail run somewhere near the transom for an add on anchor light perhaps.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Yes you may be right. I can’t remember if the dash lights are on for Anchor - probably not.

But I know the older boats had two anchor light locations. One on the tower and one on the transom for a plug in anchor light.

The newer boats I don’t think have a provision for a second light, but there could be a pigtail run somewhere near the transom for an add on anchor light perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    I guess you are right Stazi.... I know the dash light is on in the NAV position....but not sure for the ANC.... I removed for the winter......but I will reinstall the battery and check.
    Reconnected battery this morning....... In NAV position, dash light goes on...... in ANC, no dash light...

I will try to look from some wires in the transom.....

Not that bad if I don’t get my answer....important, is that every things works!! And in the end, I know how a rocker switch works
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..