Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Malibu is bringing their marinized GM engines in house. I only heard they were starting with the LS based engines at first.

I am sure the LT DI engines will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new ford engine will be a 7.0L built in the Windsor plant I believe. There were initially rumors of a new V8 raptor. Ford squished that though unfortunately.
    Malibu has slowly been bringing everything in house. Started with their trailers.
    I really wish Skiers choice could have an option for an LS/LT based engine. But since pcm got bought by correct craft that’ll never happen. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Not a fan of the GM LT. DI is a long term issue, but they are efficient.

Huge fan of the LS and Ford was a curse word to me and a huge hurdle in buying a Supra.

My attitude has changed and I think the raptors are on par with the GM LT without the added worry of DI. Efficiency is near equal.

I also do prefer the raptor iron block over aluminum of the LT in a wake boat.

Not that it matters but I find it very interesting that they are bringing everything in house, does any know their reason for this??
    2019 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Not that it matters but I find it very interesting that they are bringing everything in house, does any know their reason for this??
    Easy, Profits

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Easy, Profits

Simple enough! I guess the owners will see if it comes at any cost.......
    2019 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Not a fan of the GM LT. DI is a long term issue, but they are efficient.

Huge fan of the LS and Ford was a curse word to me and a huge hurdle in buying a Supra.

My attitude has changed and I think the raptors are on par with the GM LT without the added worry of DI. Efficiency is near equal.

I also do prefer the raptor iron block over aluminum of the LT in a wake boat.

I was in the same boat (no pun intended) on the raptor vs LS. I almost signed in a centurion, just for that fact. So far I love the raptor, but ford is still a dirty word in my house hold. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    I was in the same boat (no pun intended) on the raptor vs LS. I almost signed in a centurion, just for that fact. So far I love the raptor, but ford is still a dirty word in my house hold. Lol
    Same here, was ready to buy the nautique or Centurion due to GM power. Centurion even offered to fly the wife and I to visit the plant in California to convince us to buy an Ri.

Glad I bought the SA and the Raptor is great so far.

Malibu is doing this for profit. I don't think they are afraid to say that either. I have seen some reps claim its so they can control quality etc... I don't think this is a bad idea as a business, but sometimes, and i would guess there may be issues with a first year motor and some bugs are going to need to be worked out.
    2019 Mondo - no longer on order. Took delivery!

I understand why Malibu is doing it in house, they are huge and want to be like an automotive OEM. Quality will be watered down in my opinion.

I like the fact that SC farms out engines and trailers, puts focus on SC designing wake boats. Focus matters.