Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Malibu boats drop Indmar

I see Malibu boats have dropped the Indmar engines in their 2019 boats. They are now marketed as "Monsoon" engines again. It appears the engines are built by PCM. I wonder if it was economics or a marketing issue with Indmar?
    ADM

2018 Craz

Default Malibu boats drop Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    I see Malibu boats have dropped the Indmar engines in their 2019 boats. They are now marketed as "Monsoon" engines again. It appears the engines are built by PCM. I wonder if it was economics or a marketing issue with Indmar?
    I believe Malibu is marinizing their own engines for at least some boats. My neighbor bought one of the first and has been without his $140k new boat for weeks due to build issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 01-10-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

This has been in the works for a while has it not? I thought this surfaced a while back.

Some were citing the impending scarcity of the 6.2 because ford took it out of their truck....or something like that....

Anyone recall?

I have no problem with the DI GM motors. They sound like they’re very good machines.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    This has been in the works for a while has it not? I thought this surfaced a while back.

Some were citing the impending scarcity of the 6.2 because ford took it out of their truck....or something like that....

Anyone recall?

I have no problem with the DI GM motors. They sound like they’re very good machines.

Ford took the 6.2 out of the Raptor with the introduction of the 3.5L twin-turbo Ecoboost but the 6.2L is still the base motor for all SuperDutys.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Ford took the 6.2 out of the Raptor with the introduction of the 3.5L twin-turbo Ecoboost but the 6.2L is still the base motor for all SuperDutys.
    Roger that! Thanks for the info.

Malibu announced a while back they are going to marinize their own engines starting in 2019. I hear they are available if you order, but i think there is still a choice. I am not sure if they are still calling it the Monsoon however. Its going to have a number designation like FL5, FL6, etc...

When i looked at BU this year, i was only given the option of the Monsoon. I have heard people are not getting a choice of what motor they want.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post

Anyone recall?

Yeah it was rumored a while back and I am pretty sure has now been confirmed that in 2020 the F-250 gas motor will be a 7.3L V8 and that they are doing away with the 6.2L V8 and 6.8L V10 in that platform. Now as far as the actual production of the 6.2L V8 and it's use in other platfroms I have no idea.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Yeah it was rumored a while back and I am pretty sure has now been confirmed that in 2020 the F-250 gas motor will be a 7.3L V8 and that they are doing away with the 6.2L V8 and 6.8L V10 in that platform. Now as far as the actual production of the 6.2L V8 and it's use in other platfroms I have no idea.
    That’s the stuff I have foggy recollection of....

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    The 6.8L V10 has been gone for years now...
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    The 6.8L V10 has been gone for years now...
    My mistake, you are right it is has been gone from the F-250/350 for a while but is still available in 450/550 Chassis Cabs as well as a few other models.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead