Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I understand why Malibu is doing it in house, they are huge and want to be like an automotive OEM. Quality will be watered down in my opinion.

I like the fact that SC farms out engines and trailers, puts focus on SC designing wake boats. Focus matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i couldn't agree more. Let experts make the motor, lets expers make the boat. Same for most industries. When focused in too many areas, you lose focus on what matters most.
    2019 Mondo

Why not a low RPM TwinTurbo V6 like the eco-boost? Maximum torque at 2000 RPM.

That aunt to get the V8 heads fired up.

Or a nice big diesel!! lol The plus side is the added displacement.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

It’s the old saying, torque is how hard you hit the wall, horsepower is how far you drag it with you lol.
    Turbos are still no replacement for displacement. They’re great at efficiency though. I dunno how it would react with a prop and a non constant load when you’re hitting waves. You’d get some pretty good boost spikes I’d imagine.
    I think the biggest problem would be heat control. The eco boost ford motors use super small turbine housings to decrease turbo lag, but if you watch, the housings will glow red even under moderate loads. Ford had a video online showing how ‘cool’ it was to make ‘so much power’ lol. And those turbos are even water cooled.
    I don’t think putting it inside a somewhat sealed up fiberglass shell would not work out well. But I’m no engineer... some one smarter than me will probly figure it out.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I understand why Malibu is doing it in house, they are huge and want to be like an automotive OEM. Quality will be watered down in my opinion.

I like the fact that SC farms out engines and trailers, puts focus on SC designing wake boats. Focus matters.

I completely agree!!! Why not leave the trailer making to the trailer experts and the motors to the motor experts and worry about surfing technology and hull designs. Focus is right, focus on making great boats and put quality products that were other people's focus in them.

I know for some people this might be a sin but the fact that SC uses Ford motors in their boats was something that I liked!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    It’s the old saying, torque is how hard you hit the wall, horsepower is how far you drag it with you lol.
    Turbos are still no replacement for displacement. They’re great at efficiency though. I dunno how it would react with a prop and a non constant load when you’re hitting waves. You’d get some pretty good boost spikes I’d imagine.
    I think the biggest problem would be heat control. The eco boost ford motors use super small turbine housings to decrease turbo lag, but if you watch, the housings will glow red even under moderate loads. Ford had a video online showing how ‘cool’ it was to make ‘so much power’ lol. And those turbos are even water cooled.
    I don’t think putting it inside a somewhat sealed up fiberglass shell would not work out well. But I’m no engineer... some one smarter than me will probly figure it out.
    I might be wrong but I think the saying is "Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you".
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 01-10-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Yep... sorry. That’s what I get for typing after a nap in yet another airport. Lol
    I need a day off...
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

hahaha no worries! I wouldn't mind being in an air port right now!! Definitely a more interesting view.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Inside of my eyelids was the best view I’ve had today. Lol
    Just about to load up and head home in the next 10-15, scheduling calls with a another 3 day leaving super early tomorrow.
    I need some warm weather... my boat is calling me. Even with its FoMoCo heart. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400