Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think brokepilot was referring to filling with the engine not running (which I never do because I always select either battery 1 or battery 2 - never both), so coming up this short on the fill makes sense.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

The OP's opening statement

I know running above idle helps increase the voltage to the pumps
    He may be, but the OP is referring to the difference between idle and above idle, so im keeping with that theme. But just in case, I did include the possible voltage difference between engine off and engine above idle, but I did not do the flow calculation on that scenario though.

I think brokepilot was referring to filling with the engine not running

Quote Originally Posted by spatty99 View Post
    not sure at what speed the water starts flowing too quickly past the inlets to pump properly.
    This isn't a problem. (As long as the intakes are in the water) Actually, moving water has a higher relative pressure which would make the pump more efficient, if anything, but I doubt it'd be in any significant way. The biggest gain is the higher voltage 14V vs. 12V, so long as the engine is turning enough to keep it up, it's all the same (I have to turn >1500rpm to keep the voltage above 13V with 3 pumps running)
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Yea, I misread the op’s post. But, there is a noticeable difference in the pump sound and I’d imagine put out just over idle. At least in my SA. Just at idle I can hear them whine and as soon as you add throttle they jump up too. Is the flow different? Maybe, probly not enough to notice.
    Just set your timers for true neutral gear idle and then any amount of water over that is pumped out anyway. No sense in wasting extra gas if you’re sitting.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400