Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I’m new here and we are going to buy a Moomba

Alright y’all wake world sent me here mainly for more detail specific information regarding these moomba units. A little back story,

Last spring the fiancé and I purchased a 1988 sea ray Seville 18’ to see what the lake life is all about and we absolutely fell in love. For the first time we found an activity that completely takes us away from the stress of daily life and we can’t get enough. We had our daughter at the end of September, so I winterized the boat and ended the season.

The searay for a 31 year old boat is in awesome shape and has faired us well to this point but a few things leave us wanting more. Keep in mind myself and our crew are all new to wakesports and we are just getting into it.

Cons:
    Struggling to get a nice wake without white wash and with it being a v6 extra ballast is minimal if any.

We want to start surfing

The layout it a traditional bow rider and the boat is awfully busy when we have 4 to 5 people aboard.

No really baby friendly areas on the boat at all

So about 2 months ago I started the search for another pre owned boat and came to the realization that for a quality low hour unit I would be spending 10-15k less than new. That’s with 200 plus hours.

So I started searching for new boats and I can say it has been an adventure. We have traveled 15 plus hours to different dealerships and boat shows all over the Midwest and after 7 or 8 different brands of boats we have narrowed down our choices to two manufacturers and two boats.

The tige r21 and the moomba craze

I personally am leaning more towards the craze but optioned the way I want it is about 7 grand more than the tige.

So I’m here to find out how much you craze owners love your boats (or hate them) depending on your experience.

The game plan is to demo this spring, use our current boat until about September then sell the sea ray. Then about this time next year we will either be ordering or buying our new boat.

The 2019 Craz I looked at had the following options

Additional how speakers and sub upgrade
    Autowake ststem
    2.0 surf system
    Wetsounds rev 8 tower speakers
    Basic swivel wakeboard rack
    And mechanicals such as dual battery setup with charger

Dealer has this boat listed at msrp of 89k with a current incentive of free autowake and 2.0 surf system so about 3300 off then the 7 year warranty add on free. Assuming these incentives are similar next year we’d be looking at 86k msrp which seems a little high to me compared to the tige.

We plan on putting 15k down and financing the rest at a 12 year. I know how people feel about this, please keep this conversion minimal.

So what did you pay for your unit with what options!

Thanks guys, glad to be here!

We passed on Tigé because the lack storage, with a little one this should be a major concern for you.

MSRP is just a starting point. From what I’ve seen 15% off is a fair deal 20% is good and 30% is theft or so they’d have you believe. Good luck in your search.
    86 Supra Sunsport
    16 MB Sports F21

I will chime in, since i looked at every single boat on earth while searching for my new ride. I ended up ordering a new Mondo btw.. I looked heavily at Tige as it was between the R21 and the Mondo. I won't say anything bad about the tige, it was a nice boat, but i had concerns. ONe of them being i just don't see many around my area in Wisconsin. And the one i do see, the owner is NOT happy with his boat.. i don't really know why, but he said he wishes he bought something else. I don't know him all that well and will probably ask him for more details this summer. I was also concerned with lack of dealer support. I only know of one dealer in the state i live in that covers Tige and haven't heard a great deal of positive stories about them. That is a major drawback for me.

The tige design is unique for sure. I am wasn't totally sold on the looks of the boat either. To me it looks odd. I hear they surf great but i think with the right ballast and surf system they will all surf great. With the Moomba, i feel i just got more. The quality is certainly been stepped up, its seems like moomba is 2017 Supra quality materials which is a plus. Found a dealer with a great reputation, although i haven't needed them yet since my boat hasn't been delivered yet (this spring)..

One of the major things was, Moomba has a screen, but you can also operate the boat with the switches. On Tige, MC, SAN, Bu, if you screen goes down you are basically dead in the water. I have a friend on my lake that lost some electronics on his Malibua few years ago and couldn't dump his ballasts. Try loading a 10k boat on the trailer some time. It wasn't fun. I am sure there are many people out there that will say "just take apart the dash and connect these two wires etc..." but i am not that guy. I am not a guy who wrenches on stuff. I just enjoy my boat and let the dealer do the work. So figuring stuff like this out is out of the question for me.

They both come with the raptor motor which i see as a positive from what i read.. I guess if Tige was a little more popular i would have given it a chance. But i just don't see them around anywhere and that scares me a tad. Dealer support is key. Something will go wrong at some point and i don't want to have to haul my boat 4 hours each time to have it fixed.
    2019 Mondo

I agree with the post above. New boat and you need to feel comfortable with the dealer.

Per the surf wave, once you get the proper weight, adding after market ballast, I have seen some nice Moomba pics on here and on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I just went through this same process of shopping all of the brands and chose Moomba for a lot of different reasons. The one thing I will say is make sure which ever boats you are comparing that they are apples to apples. I am not sure about the specific R21 you were looking at, and you might know this, but remember that while they do come standard with the Indmar 6.2 it is a 360 and not the Raptor 400. You can get it in a R21 but per their build website it is $2K more.

The other option a lot of people seem to say is a must is G6 Ballast mainly because it really helps Autowake adjust quickly on the fly and not to mention the faster fill/drain times which is also a plus.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

We have a 2016 Craz. We absolutely love it and wouldn’t trade it for anything on the water for the price difference. I know there are several upgrades in the last 3 model years but we still love it! Those upgrades also come with a price. Gave a little under 70k brand new. As for the wave, no complaints!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Well my 2 cents. I researched for two years before choosing the Craz. Quality compared to others is good ( I am picky and was completely satisfied). Increased my ballast and the wave is legit. I looked at all brands and for the money, options, and quality, Moomba was the way to go. After two summers its been a blast with family and friends. MSRP on mine once I picked my options was a little over 82K. Dealer came off 15%. There is only two other boats I liked, but they are crazy expensive and it would not be comparing apples to apples. G23, which i have heard they have had shaft problems, and the Supra SA. Memories are priceless.
    Last edited by Dan; 01-09-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

So what is a discount one can expect on a 2019 Moomba order ? I am hoping to order one and the offer from the dealer was FREE Auto wake worth $1500, and then $1693 discount for a total off MSRP $3193(MSRP $84070) so my price was $80877 plus $598 Doc Fee and taxes, registration, license, etc

Seems light to get $1693 off an $84000 item but don’t know much about boat fairness of pricing. I am fine with the dealer to make money but reasonable is my quest. Thanks for any info or insights.

Based on my findings, i would say 81k is good depending on options of course. But for a loaded Craz, i would take that.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by wario View Post
    We passed on Tigé because the lack storage, with a little one this should be a major concern for you.

MSRP is just a starting point. From what I’ve seen 15% off is a fair deal 20% is good and 30% is theft or so they’d have you believe. Good luck in your search.
    Where do you live? Where I am 6% is fair and anything over 10% is a steal.

I would say that $4k-6k off is fair. If you can get more than that then you're doing great. But that is based on Houston where our summers are longer so more time on the water means more boaters and more demand.
    Last edited by rdlangston13; 01-09-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD