Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Curious as to why Skiers would be asking you to cover a portion on the repairs if this is a structural issue?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Well skiers is currently claiming its just a gel-coat issue and not structural. Not sure I agree 100% but everyone is basing this off pictures so far. Once the dealer sands down the area they will have a better idea of how deep the crack is. Only issue is I will never know unless I am present when they start sanding. Its a compromise from both sides. They didn't have to offer to cover anything. This was a goodwill gesture on their part.
    2016 Craz

Skiers choice is 100% right. It’s just the gelcoat. Fiberglass doesn’t and can not “crack” like that. In addition, the fiberglass in that location has multiple layers and is very thick.

There’s nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    Well skiers is currently claiming its just a gel-coat issue and not structural. Not sure I agree 100% but everyone is basing this off pictures so far. Once the dealer sands down the area they will have a better idea of how deep the crack is. Only issue is I will never know unless I am present when they start sanding. Its a compromise from both sides. They didn't have to offer to cover anything. This was a goodwill gesture on their part.
    The hull is not cracked. As stated already. Rest easy, it’s just the gel; cosmetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im happy with skiers offering to cover a portion, I dont want to come across as ungrateful at all. I may have misspoke earlier I dont believe the hull is cracked, I was more questioning how the hole was drilled and chamfered and how the plate was torqued down and if that caused the cracking. I was also worried about water intrusion behind the gel, however since everything is getting fixed I wont have any worries at all.
    2016 Craz

Gelcoat’s weird like that. You can do everything right and it will still crack. It’s a really crappy product for boats. However, know one has come up with a better alternative. If I ever had to redo the entire boat, I would have them use the new marine auto type paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV