Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@Dom08,

I would confirm that the main cabin port side speakers and main cabin STBD side speaker are in parallel, not series. Neither will cause an amp to run too hot, as long as the amp is supplied with ample cable size and tuned properly. However, there will be a noticeable power difference difference between a pair of speakers per chnl in series, compared to parallel.

Ok. I will need to check that wiring.

When it comes to the signal for the towers should i just splice it from the front output on the deck? So the front output from the deck will feed the towers and the front boat speakers?

..................................|---------------2 channel amp---tower left
    ................................|---------------2 channel amp--tower right
    Deck front output----|
    .................................|------------4channel amp-----boat left front
    .................................|------------4channel amp----boat right front
    4channel amp will run the boat mid and back speakers also
    Last edited by Dom08; 04-02-2019 at 01:50 AM.

I prefer to have the cabin supplied by front or rear, then the tower supplied by the other.

Ok ill fiddle around with it.
    Moral of the story is i need to run another amp to power these speakers.

What should be a good wire size for the power cable to run? Both amps can run off of the same battery?

Moral of the story is i need to run another amp to power these speakers.
    I think I read that somewhere

Cable size? Thats an equation based on amp draw and cable length. Unable to answer at this point.

We setup ours as per MLA's suggestion above and it works well for us.
    Front head unit RCA outputs go to tower speakers RCA amp1 inputs, tower amp1 is put in pass thru then the RCAs output of amp1 go off via RCA leads to the in-cabin bow speakers RCA amp2 input. The rear head unit RCA outputs run to the rear speakers RCA amp2 inputs. So x2 amps used. One could introduce a WS420 or such but wanted to keep our system simple to start with. We (wife and I) just played with the amp gains etc to get a balance we liked. You will find the effort very worthwhile as the music more wraps around as you move about in or out of the boat!

That was last Winters' project, nearly halfway thru Autumn here and scratching my head what to do for this Winter.....

Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Last edited by bjrow; 04-02-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo