Default Dual Battery Wiring set-up

Can someone share their Dual Battery wiring diagram set-up?
    I have a Moomba 2007 Outback V and have had 1 battery for several years now and I've recently decided to get tower speakers and have had a situation where I can't start my battery.
    I've since bought the OEM VSR and switch online but I don't have a clear wiring diagram with wire gauge and fuse specs on it so that I can wire my second battery safely.
    I'm also not sure if my current alternator would be able to handle charging two batteries or would that have to have been an upgrade.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Christian Sumabat

I use the Wirthco Battery Doctor to run two batteries. One is wired to the main boat power and the other just to the stereo. Easiest thing to use as you don't have to switch on the batteries. It does it automatically. I bought it off Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by csumabat View Post
    Can someone share their Dual Battery wiring diagram set-up?
    I have a Moomba 2007 Outback V and have had 1 battery for several years now and I've recently decided to get tower speakers and have had a situation where I can't start my battery.
    I've since bought the OEM VSR and switch online but I don't have a clear wiring diagram with wire gauge and fuse specs on it so that I can wire my second battery safely.
    I'm also not sure if my current alternator would be able to handle charging two batteries or would that have to have been an upgrade.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Christian Sumabat
    I have installed the add-a-battery kit from Blue Sea systems part number 7650 on two boats works awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2016 Supra SC450
    2014 Moomba LSV

I've since bought the OEM VSR and switch online
    Id start by asking your source for assistance. Reason being, is that even though there are some common aspects of a switch and VSR/ASR, there can be some applications that are very unique to your system. Your source can design a custom diagram just for you thats bast on the components you purchased.

Dont rely on the alternator to actually recharge dead batteries, this is what a shore charger is for. Best scenario, avoid dead battery(s) while on the water. Will your alternator keep pace with your stereo? Most likely, but they are nor battery chargers.

Doesn't directly answer your question but I did the Blue Sea ACR - lots of good info here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....attery-Install
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Apologies in advance to resurrecting this thread but I feel this is related a bit to the original request.

I've a 2006 Outback DD. I believe when it was purchased new it had a dual battery setup (Perko switch and 50amp circuit breaker) and tower speakers/amp/sub-subwoofer. When it was imported to Australia the company that imported it took the tower speakers off, removed the extra battery but left the amp (Kenwood) and subwoofer which are on the floor behind the battery unlike Al's install on the side in the above post. Anyway when they put it back together they did a crap wiring job (eg, I have a red lead going to the negative terminal, it then seems to be joined to another cable (not black) with electrical tape; there is no black cable on the negative only the red and a blue one; and the circuit breaker isn't connected). It also looks like the sub-woofer and amp are still wired up but with no speakers. Basically I want to return it to a dual battery and happy to drop out the amp and sub-woofer for the time being and keep it simple. So I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures/wiring diagram or anything to assist me to get it back to how it should be.

thanks in advance.
    2006 Moomba Outback DD