Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I has it made by Cory with evolution covers. The black matches the boat way better than the gray and its custom made to be on while towing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see! I was really wondering about the towing. Does it scuff the gel at all? Was it expensive? I ordered my boat with a cover but am not opposed to having one make like that and selling the factory one.
    2019 Makai (On Order)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,718

    Default

    No scuffs that I have seen and i tow a few thousand miles a year covered (yearly trips to Arkansas and such). Cost was around $800 if I remember right. Main thing is he stays pretty busy so there can be a lead time. I am getting Jim at Rinkers to look into getting me the cleat and fuel door covers that come on the Supra covers. If he can get them I may try to get them added to my cover.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    No scuffs that I have seen and i tow a few thousand miles a year covered (yearly trips to Arkansas and such). Cost was around $800 if I remember right. Main thing is he stays pretty busy so there can be a lead time. I am getting Jim at Rinkers to look into getting me the cleat and fuel door covers that come on the Supra covers. If he can get them I may try to get them added to my cover.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man I wish I would have thought about that as that is the cost of the cover from the factory.

    What do the cleat and fuel door covers do?
    2019 Makai (On Order)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,718

    Default

    Just allow access to the cleats and fuel door with the cover on. Right now if I am towing with the cover on and stop to get gas for the boat I have to take off the back half and fold it over to fill up the boat. A cover that unzips around the fuel door with allow me to get fuel without undoing the cover.

    Same concept for the cleats with the boat in the water. I would like to be able to cover the boat while itís tied t a dock over night and the cover covers the cleats so you donít have access to them. Have the zippable covers for the cleats would allow me to use them when the boat is in the water covered.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Evolution - donít we surprised if you call and your in the list until summer. Busy shop. My friend recently tried on a 242 Supra.

    Good stuff!!

    Call them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Supra SSV 22'

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ohio
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Man I wish I would have thought about that as that is the cost of the cover from the factory.

    What do the cleat and fuel door covers do?
    I was actually just messaging with someone that had their dealer order an OuterArmor cover in place of the factory one. No prob.

    Apparently there's also 5 other standard wheel choices on the boatmate trailers as well
    --
    2019 Craz

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    622

    Default January Picture Thread

    I think the factory Supra covers are now made by outer armor.

    Edit: looks like APEX makes them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 01-26-2019 at 11:21 AM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    414

    Default



    Drinking a Bloody Mary workin on the boat, jonesín for spring!!!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Evolution - donít we surprised if you call and your in the list until summer. Busy shop. My friend recently tried on a 242 Supra.

    Good stuff!!

    Call them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya so I emailed him and he is booked into July right now which is awesome for him and I love that a privately owned made in the USA company is super busy!! I am definitely going to get a swim platform cover from him but I have to figure if I am going to order the boat cover from him as I am going to have to get the factory one anyways to keep it clean for the 3-4 months before it would show up. I already have enclosed storage for when the boat shows up but with the pollen in the spring I would never leave a boat uncovered.

    Does anyone that doesn't have a trailerable cover have problems with cushions staying in place or do your boats get that dirty while on the road?

    Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    I was actually just messaging with someone that had their dealer order an OuterArmor cover in place of the factory one. No prob.

    Apparently there's also 5 other standard wheel choices on the boatmate trailers as well
    Unfortunately with the Makai being so new OuterArmor doesn't make one for it
    2019 Makai (On Order)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Does anyone that doesn't have a trailerable cover have problems with cushions staying in place or do your boats get that dirty while on the road?
    I have the standard factory mooring cover but I do not tow with it on.

    There's plenty of debate about whether or not the mooring cover will scuff your gel coat while towing. If it's a long trip, I know guys that will Saran Wrap the beltline before putting on the cover for travel.

    I've been towing for two seasons now without the cover, no issues with cushions. Just make sure the windshield walkthrough is closed to direct airflow over the boat.

    The boat stays clean except for the tower, cans and bimini cover...they are good bug catchers. Some Hula Boat Care Surf Away spray detailer & a microfiber and it cleans up easy.

    My mooring cover really just keeps the boat dust free while in storage...

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf MAX Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWakeô
    4,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •