Default Spring break ideas w kiddos

Our spring break is 3/23-29... we live in Colorado, and looking for a good (warm) spot to take the boat with the kids. Have a camper as well, or ideally in hotel. Any ideas or suggestions within a good driving distance (Arizona?). We were in new braunfels last year, and temps were just ok... any advice appreciated!

I'm not sure you will find much within a reasonable drive to take the boat that has warm water during spring break. Florida is probably going to be the best bet and thats a haul. Even around Houston the water is typically not that warm in March.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I would have to think there’s some guys in SoCal that would have good water by March, if not year round. Jerks... lol
    That’s probly where I’d be looking. I’d say Havasu, but it’s not really family friendly over spring break.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Havasu would have the best water temps at that time but as mentioned may not be family friendly. Mead is also on my spring break list. There are not really any “destination lakes” in SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Are there parts of Havasu that would be family friendly? I saw one hotel that was geared toward kids... have a friend that lives there (hes retired) and offered his house... but have never been there.

Just figured there might be some other lakes in that area that are warm if all else? Looking through these lakes if anyone has info... http://waterskiarizona.com/canyon-lake.php
    Last edited by jph3; 12-31-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    Are there parts of Havasu that would be family friendly? I saw one hotel that was geared toward kids... have a friend that lives there (hes retired) and offered his house... but have never been there.

Just figured there might be some other lakes in that area that are warm if all else? Looking through these lakes if anyone has info... http://waterskiarizona.com/canyon-lake.php
    The south end of Havasu is more tame. You could check out Lake Pleasant or Saguaro in AZ as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

we were in havasu last spring during spring break. as long as you stay out of the channel it's not bad. weather was warm. lots of people around but we had lunch at one of the more popular mexican joints and no wait to get in. lake looked pretty deserted for tubing/surfing/boarding.
    if you time your week right, they do races down at the Bluewater south of the dam. short drive down the canyon to put in on the lower colorado for a day.

not sure on mead's water temp at that time. temple bar is pretty inexpensive to stay at with everything you need right there and day trips to vegas/hoover dam/grand canyon.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

just tossin' this idea out...consider the Orlando attractions (Disney, Universal, etc). If you acted quickly you could rent a lake front house and rent a boat.

Lake front house is available thru https://floridavacationvillage.com/

Late March water temp is about 75
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 01-02-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

So I think we are settling on Phoenix for a couple reasons... Planning to bring the boat with us and we are staying up by Lake Pleasant. Anyone with experience at that lake? Any advice is appreciated...