Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your dealer was probably just trying to get across that the boats are made the same quality wise, I doubt they believe two boats of different lengths are actually from the same mold... Or they meant their hulls are molded with the same technique.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Thanks for the great feedback.

I don’t think he was trying to say that the sa and craz were the same Hull. Just the fact that the glass is laid under the same roof with the same quality controls.

Guess I need to measure my lift to see if I can get 102 between the Pilons.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    If you can swing the SA, definitely go with it. You’ll never be disappointed in the performance. Throw some Enzo bags in it and enjoy one of the nastiest waves on the lake. Just make sure you’ve got the prop to handle it if you’re going with a 400. I ride behind a Craz regularly also, one of the Rinkers guys boats and it’s definitely a fun playful wave. But you’ll never get the size of the SA.
    You sure would with enough weight. Physics doesn’t care what emblem is on a boat.

But I see the point you’re trying to make. The SA is a bigger machine from the outset. Heavier and wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Supra sa. Moomba craz pro

SA has more headroom than Craz

Max designed weight SA 11350# (5450boat, 3500 ballast 2400 max added weight)
    Max designed weight Craz 9600# (4200 boat,3000ballast 2400 max added weight)

1750# is significant.

OP why not look at the Makai?

Max design weight 11700# (5200 boat, 4000 ballast 2500 max added weight)

Last edited by larry_arizona; 12-26-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

The formula for a great surf wave is more complex than max weight alone, or even max designed weight alone. Size of the hull also plays significantly. Floating surface area counteracts weight. Surf waves are dependent mostly on depth as a parameter of overall displacement—that will yield wave height (size as most describe it). To a small degree, a longer boat hull will yield a longer surf wave, as long as its depth is equal to or greater than whatever you’re comparing it to. But most likely more important than hull length is boat speed.

Bang for your buck making a good wave without adding a shit load of weight typically probably lands somewhere in the 22 to 23 foot range.

The practical example of this would be my Makai. It is a big big tub. And for the size it’s kind of light. Therefore it takes a shit load of added weight to sink it to a depth where the wave starts to show significant size.

The SA, being heavy and 22’ is a good combo. Sinks nicely! Doesn’t need a ton of added weight. SL also fits here.

But can you get there with a Craz? Pretty darn close. Just takes more -added- weight than the SA.

Weight is very cheap compared to MSRP. So factoring all this together might help you decide how you want to proceed.

All that being said, I think the culmination of price/size/weight/value/surf wave is the Max.

Load one of those up big time and you’re right up there with the best you can get.

Thanks dakota4ce....

I think with all the great answers and feedback it affirms my thoughts of both boats. I am trying to stay in the 22 to 23 range so that’s why I was zeroed I’m on the sa and craz pro.
    By the sounds of it the 3000 ballast on pro would need an upgrade. If that’s how I chose to go.

Again. Thanks all.

Does the pro come with extra ballast from the factory? Seems like 3k is more than I’d remembered. But if I’m not mistaken, enzos fit in a Craz also. But you’d definitely need more weight in the nose.
    My SA with 3-4 people and 100% full is amazing. The belly tank and nose bag are more than heavy enough to not need extra. We usually surf with 80-85% in the front if we have more people.
    Good luck... what a terrible problem to have. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Craz and Craz pro both have 3000#, I think the pro just comes standard with all the surf goodies like G6, autowake etc plus the only way to get flow3.0

Plus bold new graphics.....

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post

The SA, being heavy and 22’ is a good combo.
    To clarify, the SA is 22'8" with 102" beam, while the Craz is 22' with 100" beam....a fairer comparison size wise would be the SA to the Max or Mojo.

All that said, our 15 Mojo was great, but our 18 SA is amazing.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold