Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here's a link to an thread that has a pic. Mine didn't have the threaded holes so I had to drill and tap the bracket that is attached to the boat. I used 1 SS set screw per bracket. This was after I had the platform bracket holes welded and the re-drilled them with the platform in place so everything fit tight. Been rattle free for 10 years now.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

My swim platform bracket receivers look a little different and I see no room to add a set screw. I think I’lll try drilling and taping the back of the swim platform bracket and installing a button head screw to take up the slack. I have to remove the platform to get the boat in the garage so I need something simple.

870522FB-E29C-4B7C-828E-4CCA70EC6881.jpg

Got a look at my boat today and found I drilled and tapped the platform brackets, not the boat brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

I used 1/4-20 SS set screws. Just snug them up against the boat brackets to take out any play and rattle. Use blue locktite to keep them in place and tight. Been working great for 10 seasons.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    I used 1/4-20 SS set screws. Just snug them up against the boat brackets to take out any play and rattle. Use blue locktite to keep them in place and tight. Been working great for 10 seasons.
    Thanks for the pic. I think I’m going to make mine like that too. Seems easy enough to do.

I decided to install a heli-coil and 10/32 screw on the backside to take up the slack. Hope this works.

364B35D4-303B-4AA9-8CD7-66382DF8BD17.jpg1C0F4DCD-00E9-44DA-A6E6-79C66A4C95DD.jpg

my supra had the same issue. had to buy a new one on one side due to hole wearing thru. ended up using some stainless and wedging it into the boat bracket prior to installing the swimplatform. fixed the rattle issue.
    had I kept the boat I would have gone the route mentioned above with new brackets made slightly larger to eliminate the slop.
    I talked to a couple welders and none would touch the metal they used on the original brackets due to it's lack of quality.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    my supra had the same issue. had to buy a new one on one side due to hole wearing thru. ended up using some stainless and wedging it into the boat bracket prior to installing the swimplatform. fixed the rattle issue.
    had I kept the boat I would have gone the route mentioned above with new brackets made slightly larger to eliminate the slop.
    I talked to a couple welders and none would touch the metal they used on the original brackets due to it's lack of quality.

I had a friend weld mine up and he did a good job but told me the pot aluminum was junk. I think a long term solution would be to make new brackets out of stainless.

you'll have issues again. i had the exact same setup and ended up with 2 new brackets and used shims to get rid of the slop that those transom brackets have. it was only a matter of time for the new boat owner that they will have to find a more permanent fix.
    poor metal and poor fitment leads to failure and LOTS of slop in the swim platform. supra forum was full of guys with the same issues back in the late 2000's.

I will say tho that I had that boat for 5 years and that was one of the only issue I ever dealt with. pretty problem-free craft.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten