Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Shopping for a Craz

Hi all!

Been on the water since I was 8 and (at 32) finally shopping for our first boat. Grew up sailing/teaching sailing at our local lake and psyched to finally get my kids (3 and 6) out on that same spot. Pretty set on the Craz as our limit is 22’ and I’d like to max out our size. I’ve demod the A22, T22/23, and new 22LSV. Bu was amazing..., but too much for our first rodeo. And while the wakes/waves on the Axis were great, the Moomba seems to offer more for the money and I like the look/finish on interior more.

I’m thinking these are the must have options:

Flow surf system
    Auto wake
    G6
    Depth finder
    Water strainer/flush kit
    Surf bimini
    Bow speakers with sub
    Wetsounds tower speakers w amp
    Gatorstep everywhere
    Swivel racks
    Seat back kit
    Transom walkthrough/stomp pad
    Dual battery
    Mirror
    Swing away tongue
    Spare tire
    Boat cover

Any other options you’d suggest? Headed to boat show in January and psyched to see lots of options firsthand. I think my best bet is to find a leftover 2018, I’ve read dealers may be able to transfer these around? 15% off is probably a good deal, hoping to push past that on a leftover. Or maybe get a lightly used 2017 or 18. I know surf system and bimini are different on 2016s, is that a year to avoid or no big deal?

Also open to private party sale, if you’re thinking of selling a Craz, LMK!

Heater would be my #1 option!

Heaters, walk through screen, GPS.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

just my .02. I had windscreen/heater in the last 2 boats and based on how/when we rode, never used them so before you start checking option boxes, how/when/where will you REALLY use the boat. not having them if you plan on reselling down the road shouldn't kill the deal as heaters are not that hard to add after the fact.

good luck in the hunt.... there's 9 right now on onlyinboards that would make a great xmas present....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Great suggestion RE: the heaters/screen. sandm brings up a good point too, for the next few years with the young kids...who knows how much we'll use the heat. Then again the goal with this boat (getting a newer one) is having one we can grow into and enjoy for 5-7 years at least hopefully. Good things to consider.

Yes there are a lot out there! Key will be scoping that out after the show on the 2018s...I'm definitely watching

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just my .02. I had windscreen/heater in the last 2 boats and based on how/when we rode, never used them so before you start checking option boxes, how/when/where will you REALLY use the boat. not having them if you plan on reselling down the road shouldn't kill the deal as heaters are not that hard to add after the fact.

good luck in the hunt.... there's 9 right now on onlyinboards that would make a great xmas present....
    You live in Nevada right? He lives in Ohio so the use of boat heaters would be a lot different of a story when comparing the two climates.

we have had heaters in our boats for a long time now and we use them a ton. If you are skiing early in the season or late in the season you will use them. Maybe not so much you, but the kids will absolutely use them. Kids are always cold when then get out of the water and love to use the heaters. As was said earlier, they are not hard to install later on.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

We boat in Wisconsin and NEVER once used the heaters. I do have them, but to be honest, i can take it or leave it. Not important to me. The most important thing is the stereo (to me). Don't skimp on sound. A depth finder is a must as well.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    Hi all!

Been on the water since I was 8 and (at 32) finally shopping for our first boat. Grew up sailing/teaching sailing at our local lake and psyched to finally get my kids (3 and 6) out on that same spot. Pretty set on the Craz as our limit is 22’ and I’d like to max out our size. I’ve demod the A22, T22/23, and new 22LSV. Bu was amazing..., but too much for our first rodeo. And while the wakes/waves on the Axis were great, the Moomba seems to offer more for the money and I like the look/finish on interior more.

I’m thinking these are the must have options:

Flow surf system
    Auto wake
    G6
    Depth finder
    Water strainer/flush kit
    Surf bimini
    Bow speakers with sub
    Wetsounds tower speakers w amp
    Gatorstep everywhere
    Swivel racks
    Seat back kit
    Transom walkthrough/stomp pad
    Dual battery
    Mirror
    Swing away tongue
    Spare tire
    Boat cover

Any other options you’d suggest? Headed to boat show in January and psyched to see lots of options firsthand. I think my best bet is to find a leftover 2018, I’ve read dealers may be able to transfer these around? 15% off is probably a good deal, hoping to push past that on a leftover. Or maybe get a lightly used 2017 or 18. I know surf system and bimini are different on 2016s, is that a year to avoid or no big deal?

Also open to private party sale, if you’re thinking of selling a Craz, LMK!
    Based on everything you've listed, if you can get a good spring boat show deal, a Craz Pro would seem like the way to go. My only knock on the Pro line is that you can't get a flake and my Ultra Blue metallic flake is a head turner.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by johnh577777 View Post
    You live in Nevada right? He lives in Ohio so the use of boat heaters would be a lot different of a story when comparing the two climates.
    6 years in Boise Idaho and 4 years in Green Bay Wi in the last 11 years with GB being MUCH worse than anything Ohio has to offer qualify my opinion and I never used the heater once.

hard to believe that I used my heated seats on the way to work this morning since it's 40degrees here. you become climatized to wherever you live and although people think desert, it does get cold here during the much more extended boating season that someone may want a heater. only saying be realistic in your actual use of the boat as you check off the box on things that might not add to resale down the road but add cost to the overall price of the boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten