Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

With all due respect to Broke Pilot, I would not recommend a 4-8 and 4-10. They’re essentially the same thing in a practical sense. Perhaps one or the other.

I have not ridden a Connely Voodoo, so I cannot comment on that. I have heard him speak well of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Might wanna take a look at the Chaos Sixer and if you really wanna rep, they have a badass Texas Edition with the flag over bamboo. I plan on snagging a Ringer XL TE in the spring once my wife stops looking at the CC statements,

https://chaossurfco.com

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    That board is sick!! It would look great in the board rack going down the lake too!!

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Talk to the guys at Rinkers and have them grab you a couple of the Conelly Voodoo boards. A 4’8” and a 4’10”. Those will cover your weights as you can probly get both for less than $700. They’re amazing all around boards. I haven’t touched my doomswell skim in a while lol.
    Then you’d have $500 to buy a skim or hybrid board for yourself or whoever is most going to use it. That’s be my .02... if a lot of you are new to surfing and setting up a wave, get a true surf board to start. It’ll make the whole process more enjoyable for everyone when they’re not struggling with a board that won’t push or wants to spin or wants to buck you off learning to pump.
    Do you know what brands they carry? Any time I was in there I was just looking at and talking boats. I never really looked at the shop. All I have seen is a spread sheet from them of their Phase 5 inventory. I must say Phase 5 seems to make some nice boards! I am just not going to to buy 1600-2400 worth of boards for everyone else to learn on. We will leave that for when the family gets better and for Birthdays.

What are the things you like about the Voodoo? Any things you don’t?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    With all due respect to Broke Pilot, I would not recommend a 4-8 and 4-10. They’re essentially the same thing in a practical sense. Perhaps one or the other.

I have not ridden a Connely Voodoo, so I cannot comment on that. I have heard him speak well of it.

Understood. The 4’5” might be a good board for my 100-150 riders.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Understood. The 4’5” might be a good board for my 100-150 riders.

Yes. That would be appropriate.

The $450 Nub is a pretty good discount for a typically higher priced board.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Yes. That would be appropriate.

The $450 Nub is a pretty good discount for a typically higher priced board.

Ya I am seriously considering the 4’8” for my 150-200# riders as well as something I can work into as well!!

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

You’ll be on it in no time! I can sneak a 4-6 in when the wave is dealing. At 226# plus or minus 3.

I have the 4-10 after riding Will’s wife’s 4-8. At 230 I can ride the 8”, but it’s sinking a bit. 2” makes a huge difference. (Insert joke here).
    So far I have found nothing I dislike other than it’s tough to spin, but it’s a surf board, not what it’s for. The whole Rinkers crew has one now. It’s a rocket ship and it will launch. You can spin it if you time it right, but it’s so stable my newby wife can hop on and ride all day. Before we ran outta season I was working on air 180’s with it. The edges are razor sharp and you can rip it. I’ve necer seen grown ass men huffing for air so hard after riding it lol

As far as their store, I know they have Conelly, they lost Doomswell to SMG, but picked up Phase5. Chris and will are both really good with the board sales up there. Tell them Taylor sent ya... you’ll get charged at least double. Lmao
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

[QUOTE=dakota4ce;335057]With all due respect to Broke Pilot, I would not recommend a 4-8 and 4-10. They’re essentially the same thing in a practical sense. Perhaps one or the other.

Thank you for that, but trust me, the 4-8 won’t comfortablyhold over 200 pounds. When I rode it, I had to work my butt off.
    However, if you just picked up a 4-10, everyone could* ride it. But lighter people are gonna be riding the brakes all day. That’s the only downside for it from my wife. It’s so freaking fast.

You should come surf with us sometime if you ever make it to Texas! Monday’s are the sh** lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    I have the 4-10 after riding Will’s wife’s 4-8. At 230 I can ride the 8”, but it’s sinking a bit. 2” makes a huge difference. (Insert joke here).
    So far I have found nothing I dislike other than it’s tough to spin, but it’s a surf board, not what it’s for. The whole Rinkers crew has one now. It’s a rocket ship and it will launch. You can spin it if you time it right, but it’s so stable my newby wife can hop on and ride all day. Before we ran outta season I was working on air 180’s with it. The edges are razor sharp and you can rip it. I’ve necer seen grown ass men huffing for air so hard after riding it lol

As far as their store, I know they have Conelly, they lost Doomswell to SMG, but picked up Phase5. Chris and will are both really good with the board sales up there. Tell them Taylor sent ya... you’ll get charged at least double. Lmao
    I’ll be sure to tell them you sent me! LOL Good to know they can get these.

I have been looking online and I don’t think they make a 4’8” any more. They have 4’5”, 4’10” & 5’1”.

I am looking at possibly getting the 4’5” for the wife and other family members.

If I get a chance I might have to catch y’all on a Monday Session and try out your 4’10”.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans