Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    https://www.evo.com/wakesurf-boards/...iABEgJ40PD_BwE

That’s a good deal for an excellent all around hybrid board.

4-8 will cover your bigger range, and you will be riding it once your skills sharpen and your wave is dialed. You’re 230#, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks like a great deal!! Ya I am 225-230#.

So the 4’ 8” will cover my 150-200# beginners?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post

The Doomswell is a great brand and the Nubstep is an awesome board. Only thing I will say about them is that the Nubstep, like my Drone, is super floaty. That means that some beginners will have problems sinking the board under foot to get up. But you can never go wrong with Doomswell, it and our Black Pearl are the favorite boards on the boat.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default 2019 Moomba Makai

Any true surf style board will be much more floaty than a skim style construction. Very true.

I personally have taught everyone under the sun on surf style boards. Namely a few different Lakewakes models over the years. Usually the floaty-related difficulties are overcome with instruction. I have had a few folks never get it. I managed to get a couple over it by tossing a cruddy liquid force fish to them. Those are very inexpensive typically and aren’t very floaty. Good for teaching the art of getting up. Kinda useless after that.

Once someone is competent in getting up, the Nubstep will offer a wonderful ride with the ability to advance.

Only skimmer I have had to resort to is the Phase 5 Scamp for kids, for the reason Knox mentions. They can easily sink it. My 80# 10 year old girl can sink and ride my 4-8 Chaos Sixer as an example of technique, however.

Of the approx 50 newbies I have had, only a couple failed altogether. It’s a short and distinctive list.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-30-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Yes. 99% of them. And you will ditch that Kong very soon and ride the Nub.

For the smaller folks, I have a 52” Lakewakes Bean I use. It’s good up to 150 or so. I put all three fins in and they learn like bosses.

For the smaller folks, I have a 52” Lakewakes Bean I use. It’s good up to 150 or so. I put all three fins in and they learn like bosses.

Good to know on all of the above fellas! I am really appreciating everyone’s input as it is opening my eyes to boards I hadn’t even looked at yet, so thanks for that!!

I looked for the Lakewakes Bean last night and I wasn’t able to find it on their site. Do they still make it? I did however find some videos of someone riding it on the google search. Was that the 52”?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

He makes boards one at a time. And sometimes he does it in a bit of a part-time manner. I’ll think about this maybe come up with an alternative that is similar.

Good to know on all of the above fellas! I am really appreciating everyone’s input as it is opening my eyes to boards I hadn’t even looked at yet, so thanks for that!!

I looked for the Lakewakes Bean last night and I wasn’t able to find it on their site. Do they still make it? I did however find some videos of someone riding it on the google search. Was that the 52”?

Might wanna take a look at the Chaos Sixer and if you really wanna rep, they have a badass Texas Edition with the flag over bamboo. I plan on snagging a Ringer XL TE in the spring once my wife stops looking at the CC statements,

https://chaossurfco.com

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RC_Hinojosa; 12-30-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

He makes boards one at a time. And sometimes he does it in a bit of a part-time manner. I’ll think about this maybe come up with an alternative that is similar.

I gotcha. That works

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Talk to the guys at Rinkers and have them grab you a couple of the Conelly Voodoo boards. A 4’8” and a 4’10”. Those will cover your weights as you can probly get both for less than $700. They’re amazing all around boards. I haven’t touched my doomswell skim in a while lol.
    Then you’d have $500 to buy a skim or hybrid board for yourself or whoever is most going to use it. That’s be my .02... if a lot of you are new to surfing and setting up a wave, get a true surf board to start. It’ll make the whole process more enjoyable for everyone when they’re not struggling with a board that won’t push or wants to spin or wants to buck you off learning to pump.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400