Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

So a quick question for you guys. My boat is going to get tinted on Monday and will be inside their shop over night Monday and most likely Tuesday night as well. I know you northern guys will laugh at this but should my dealer drain the motor before they take it to the shop with the possibility of a “light” freeze both nights? (I have attached the forecast) the shop is a steel building that appeared insulated but not sure if it was climate controlled as today was nice day temperature wise.
    I only ask because because I don’t have near the knowledge that some of you do when it comes to these boats. TIAIMG_8953.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So a quick question for you guys. My boat is going to get tinted on Monday and will be inside their shop over night Monday and most likely Tuesday night as well. I know you northern guys will laugh at this but should my dealer drain the motor before they take it to the shop with the possibility of a “light” freeze both nights? (I have attached the forecast) the shop is a steel building that appeared insulated but not sure if it was climate controlled as today was nice day temperature wise.
    I only ask because because I don’t have near the knowledge that some of you do when it comes to these boats. TIAIMG_8953.jpg

You'll be fine. Down here it's only a real concern if there are several consecutive days of hard freeze.

I can show you how to winterize our motors...it's pretty simple once you've done it one time.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Yeah with a low of 32 I don't believe you have anything to worry about. If it starts hitting the 20s for multiple hours then there would be some cause for concern.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Yeah with a low of 32 I don't believe you have anything to worry about. If it starts hitting the 20s for multiple hours then there would be some cause for concern.
    Awesome! That is the kind of info I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    You'll be fine. Down here it's only a real concern if there are several consecutive days of hard freeze.

I can show you how to winterize our motors...it's pretty simple once you've done it one time.

That would be great!

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Looking at the weather you may be pushing your break in day to Sunday and finding a new day to actually get behind and ride.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Looking at the weather you may be pushing your break in day to Sunday and finding a new day to actually get behind and ride.
    Ya this weekend and next weekend aren't looking all that great! Sunday looks great but hopefully as it gets closer it will clear up a little.

With the forecast change and the temps dipping a little more than originally forecasted do you think there is any cause for concern with the boat at the tint shop? It is inside and will be over night as well.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya this weekend and next weekend aren't looking all that great! Sunday looks great but hopefully as it gets closer it will clear up a little.

With the forecast change and the temps dipping a little more than originally forecasted do you think there is any cause for concern with the boat at the tint shop? It is inside and will be over night as well.
    Most likely not but I don't want to tell you something and be wrong. It literally takes like 10 minutes to drain the water from the cooling system.

The is a blue plastic plug on the bottom of the Vdrive on the front. It is under the prop shaft couple, remove it. There is a hose that connects the exhaust manifolds, looks like a garden hose connection, disconnect the two halves in let drain. On the starboard side near the front of the engine (back of the boat) there is a tall black cylinder, this is your heat exchanger and it has another blue plastic plug in the bottom of it. Remove it. A little more centrally located on the motor than that is an elbow that has another blue plug in it, remove it. The water pump impeller housing is secure by 4 5/16" bolts. Remove them and the housing cover. Above the alyernator there is a blue plastic cover that has threaded holes to hold you plugs that you removed. Boom, your cooling system is winterized.

For the ballast system if you just disconnect the bags and hit the drain switch for each pump for a couple seconds you should be good.
    David

Most likely not but I don't want to tell you something and be wrong. It literally takes like 10 minutes to drain the water from the cooling system.

The is a blue plastic plug on the bottom of the Vdrive on the front. It is under the prop shaft couple, remove it. There is a hose that connects the exhaust manifolds, looks like a garden hose connection, disconnect the two halves in let drain. On the starboard side near the front of the engine (back of the boat) there is a tall black cylinder, this is your heat exchanger and it has another blue plastic plug in the bottom of it. Remove it. A little more centrally located on the motor than that is an elbow that has another blue plug in it, remove it. The water pump impeller housing is secure by 4 5/16" bolts. Remove them and the housing cover. Above the alyernator there is a blue plastic cover that has threaded holes to hold you plugs that you removed. Boom, your cooling system is winterized.

For the ballast system if you just disconnect the bags and hit the drain switch for each pump for a couple seconds you should be good.
    Zach, I created a word doc with pictures. I believe it's been uploaded to the forum but if not, I can send you a copy...

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Ya it is kind of a weird situation because I haven't taken delivery of the boat yet so I am not really sure who is "responsible" for it. Either way I want to make sure it is taken care of properly.

Zach, I created a word doc with pictures. I believe it's been uploaded to the forum but if not, I can send you a copy...

PM Sent
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

So my sales person contacted me and said that the tint shop is heated and not to worry. So I am definitely glad it will be there the next 2 nights!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans