Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2019 Moomba Makai

So I put down my deposit for the February spray date and finally ironed out all of the details in spec'ing this beast..
    Big thanks to the guys @ Rinker's Marine here in Houston, they have been awesome to work with!! Top not crew over there!
    I will post any info I get as well as pictures and that fun stuff here for those that care to follow along. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Here she is.....

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Continuing from the other thread, I'm running 20% ceramic. It looks awesome on the outside and visibility is great from inside. I'm normally on the bolster looking over the windshield but I can see perfectly with shades on when seated. I don't really boat at night so I could have gone 5% but if night boating is a regular thing for you go with 20%.

The next level lighter is 35% but that's not really worth the LOE for the amount of reflectance/refraction you get.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So I put down my deposit for the February spray date and finally ironed out all of the details in spec'ing this beast..
    Big thanks to the guys @ Rinker's Marine here in Houston, they have been awesome to work with!! Top not crew over there!
    I will post any info I get as well as pictures and that fun stuff here for those that care to follow along. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Love that Raspberry Flake over Black!! It's gonna look sick once that sunlight hits the flake!

You're gonna have to take me out sometime next year on that beast...I'll bring an extra 500lbs of lead

Well done Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Continuing from the other thread, I'm running 20% ceramic. It looks awesome on the outside and visibility is great from inside. I'm normally on the bolster looking over the windshield but I can see perfectly with shades on when seated. I don't really boat at night so I could have gone 5% but if night boating is a regular thing for you go with 20%.

The next level lighter is 35% but that's not really worth the LOE for the amount of reflectance/refraction you get.

Good to know on the 20% it looks awesome!!!

Love that Raspberry Flake over Black!! It's gonna look sick once that sunlight hits the flake!

You're gonna have to take me out sometime next year on that beast...I'll bring an extra 500lbs of lead

Well done Sir

Thanks!! Ya Rinker’s has a Craz that has the Raspberry metal flake and the Raspberry interior accent so I was able to see it on a boat before I spec’d it and even just under the lights on the showroom floor it looked awesome! I can’t wait to see it in the sun!

Ya we can definitely find a day this summer and get out on the water! Extra lead is always welcome! Where do you typically run your boat?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Ya we can definitely find a day this summer and get out on the water! Extra lead is always welcome! Where do you typically run your boat?
    Lake Houston from Duessen Park or Somerville Lake from Rocky Creek or Yegua Park.

Lake Houston from Duessen Park or Somerville Lake from Rocky Creek or Yegua Park.

I grew up going to Somerville so I am familiar there but I hadn’t been to Lake Houston until the other weekend when I demoed the boat. It seems like a nice lake. Does it get busy?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

I grew up going to Somerville so I am familiar there but I hadn’t been to Lake Houston until the other weekend when I demoed the boat. It seems like a nice lake. Does it get busy?
    It depends on the weekend, most of the time it's not too bad and if you get out on the water in the morning, you can usually get several sets on glass. It's nice and deep in the cove by the dam across from Duessen.

Gonna be a beautiful boat, Congrats! Here's some great pics from Southtown Watersports of a similar Makai. Doesn't have your red accents on the interior (which looks awesome) but everything else is pretty close.

https://www.southtownwatersports.com...nventory-3148/
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

It depends on the weekend, most of the time it's not too bad and if you get out on the water in the morning, you can usually get several sets on glass. It's nice and deep in the cove by the dam across from Duessen.

Good to know. The day we demoed the boat was after all the rain so the water was muddied and it was blowing 12 mph so no one was out there lol.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    Gonna be a beautiful boat, Congrats! Here's some great pics from Southtown Watersports of a similar Makai. Doesn't have your red accents on the interior (which looks awesome) but everything else is pretty close.

https://www.southtownwatersports.com...nventory-3148/

Thanks my family and I are really excited about it!! That boat looks soo good! I can’t wait to see how the Raspberry interior accents are going to look. I think it is all going to come together really well!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans