Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I am curious do you mean 3-4% from where autowake fills to to start with? or from 100% full?
    I fill 100% manual to start then pick the autowake surf 1 preset. Then when I pick the surf side I want it might drain 3-4% on non surfside.

It will continually adjust on the fly, mostly if people move around at all in the boat during the session. Autowake will hold your pitch and roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I fill 100% manual to start then pick the autowake surf 1 preset. Then when I pick the surf side I want it might drain 3-4% on non surfside.

It will continually adjust on the fly, mostly if people move around at all in the boat during the session. Autowake will hold your pitch and roll.

Yes that means you’ve got it very close when it’s full all around. Do you use any supplemental weight? Or just factory ballast?

While I do agree that 25% is a large # compared to you 3-4% I wonder if that is the difference in Swell 3.0 on your Supra and Flow 2.0 on Moombas? I have very real world experience with either and wont until my boat arrives but I have talked to a lot of people and done a ton of reading (in this cold crappy weather) and it seems that with Swell 3.0 you are able to surf with the boat weighted closer to even. I could be completely wrong on this and if I am then someone correct me as I really interested in learning as much about this as I can before my boat arrives.

Side note I will be using Autowake as I am a novice at setting up boats for a great wave hence why I am trying to learn as much as possible.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Default 2019 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Yes that means you’ve got it very close when it’s full all around. Do you use any supplemental weight? Or just factory ballast?

Factory ballast only, 4-5 crew max. With my typical crew, Autowake is asking for more bow weight. But my crew likes sitting midship or rear.

Might get 300# of lead for bow, or invite a few more friends with the stipulation they must sit in bow.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Factory ballast only, 4-5 crew max. With my typical crew, Autowake is asking for more bow weight. But my crew likes sitting midship or rear.

Might get 300# of lead for bow, or invite a few more friends with the stipulation they must sit in bow.

So that makes good sense. The boat is set up to work properly from the factory. So with very level weight, it should make minor adjustments as you state.

When you start adding a whole bunch of extra weight, like in my case 1700 pounds of lead LOL, and if you don’t have things in the right place, the system will attempt to drain water to fix it. That’s when you can get big drainage percentages. So basically, what I’m saying is use the weight to get the angles right and you really won’t need active Autowake. Or very little.

As far as the difference between the surf systems, no not really I don’t think. You can always push the surf plate deeper into the water which will give the boat the angle it needs, but it does come at a cost of lift. My basic philosophy is ssinkthe boat as deep as possible and get the angles right using weight, and use as little surf plate as possible to form a wave. You could just ssinkthe boat as deep as possible with true level weight and use a little more surf plate to get the angles you need. But that does raise the rear a little.

If that all makes sense

Was at the Detroit boat show, SE next to Makai

SE is just that big. This SE MSRP was $183k

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Nice!! The SE is a awesome machine!!

So a little update. The boat is all but wrapped up for shipping! I am guessing it will start making its way south this coming week. I have actually gotten quite a few pictures which has been an awesome experience. Unfortunately I was asked not to share them on social platforms but as soon as it arrives I will definitely get some pics to share with everyone.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

So a little update. The boat is all but wrapped up for shipping! I am guessing it will start making its way south this coming week. I have actually gotten quite a few pictures which has been an awesome experience. Unfortunately I was asked not to share them on social platforms but as soon as it arrives I will definitely get some pics to share with everyone.

Home stretch!! Can’t wait to see pics when you get it.

--
    2019 Craz

Woohoo that's awesome! It will be to you in no time now. I hope I get some pics of mine during the build process but I know they are busy. is there someone at SC that stays in touch with you on build progress or did your dealer do that?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default 2019 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Woohoo that's awesome! It will be to you in no time now. I hope I get some pics of mine during the build process but I know they are busy. is there someone at SC that stays in touch with you on build progress or did your dealer do that?
    Just ask your salesman, he will get you pics of your build.

I got 4 sets of pics during my build. But they do ask you not to post on forums etc.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan