Okay: here’s my take home point; to lay all the cards out. Regarding VooDoo: A 4-8 is MASSIVE for a person under 150#. I am 225+ and ride a 4-8 surf style (Chaos Sixer). Often I hop onto my pal’s 4-6 Sixer or blunt DaHonu just for fun. But 4-8 is my size more than 4-6. I am a 6’3” 225# good sized dude on a very nice wave.

Point being this for surf style sticks: If you’re buying a good, light, well shaped board, you won’t need one so big to ride easily. Needing a big board is a testament to something. It’s either a weak wave, or an inefficient board for some reason. And -typically- speaking, a shorter board is going to be more fun (provided it’s carrying you properly). You’ll be able to slash, hop, air, spin, whatever more easily the shorter a board is. Again, all wave dependent too.

So I am sure a 4-8 Voodoo is very fast for a normal sized lady....it certainly should be! That’s a huge board. I put 150# and down newbies onto a board a -lot- smaller than that. It’s not a skim either, it’s a glass over foam, very light Lakewakes surf style Bean.

I am not trying to be a jerk. I am sorry about that if it seems so. I guess I just want to pass on what I have learned in 6 years and -no sh%t- at least 25 boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk