Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Nice!! Do you have any pics of the 1300s installed? Was it an easy install/swap? Is there much room on top of them?

I already have plans to swap mine out to the 1300s and I just bought 1,000# of lead too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The install was very easy. There are 3 connections on the back of the bag and 2 on the front. The fitting on the stock bags won’t fit the new bag, but it came with all the connections needed. The storage tray unscrewed easy and once they are out of the way the whole job took 20 minutes. When full there is maybe 6 inches of space. I’m thinking of putting a “bungee cargo” net on top using the old screw holes from the bins. I will take a picture next time I’m down there.

Any suggestions for getting lead?
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robo_Fighter View Post
    The install was very easy. There are 3 connections on the back of the bag and 2 on the front. The fitting on the stock bags won’t fit the new bag, but it came with all the connections needed. The storage tray unscrewed easy and once they are out of the way the whole job took 20 minutes. When full there is maybe 6 inches of space. I’m thinking of putting a “bungee cargo” net on top using the old screw holes from the bins. I will take a picture next time I’m down there.

Any suggestions for getting lead?
    Wake ballast, lead wake (both .com) have very nice bags. 1000# would be such an epic setup for what you have cooking!

Good to know!! Ya some pics of them full would be sweet! The bungee net seems to be a popular mod for areas like that and a great use of space.

Dakota4ce cover the lead
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Default 2019 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robo_Fighter View Post
    Here ya go! Water was 54 and air was 68.

https://youtu.be/pYHI_Frd9-o

Trying to perfect the goofy wave. Just put in new wakemakers 1300 pound bags in the rear lockers. Total ballast is 4600#. Ran everything full (100%) except port side at 75%. Starboard plate at 0, center plate 0, and port plate at 60. Speed 10.1. Still working it.... open to suggestions!
    Why not use the factory preset autowake settings? I would think with 4600# you would have your amplitude near maxed out and simply let autowake do its magic.

Or is it simply preferred to make manual adjustments and bypass Autowake?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Anyone have a link to decent bungee nets?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Why not use the factory preset autowake settings? I would think with 4600# you would have your amplitude near maxed out and simply let autowake do its magic.

Or is it simply preferred to make manual adjustments and bypass Autowake?

Only thing Autowake might do is drain....and if you can hit your angles without it, you keep all your weight onboard.

I use the angle sensors religiously, but rarely use the active component whilst surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Only thing Autowake might do is drain....and if you can hit your angles without it, you keep all your weight onboard.

I use the angle sensors religiously, but rarely use the active component whilst surfing.

But robo manually drained his port side to 75%.

Autowake would not drop that much %. Most it has drained is 3-4% for me, but if people move in the boat, it adjusts it back.

I would take 3-4% versus 25% lost.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Not even talking specifically about robo. Really just in general. Don’t lose any weight.

I will drain more than 4% if it needs to depending on your settings.

Autowake is great if you already have a large crew and huge amplitude. Then some draining isn’t a big deal. But when the crew is smaller and I am going for the most I can, I keep it off.

Then there are several other times I use it regularly. In all the system is GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    But robo manually drained his port side to 75%.

Autowake would not drop that much %. Most it has drained is 3-4% for me, but if people move in the boat, it adjusts it back.

I would take 3-4% versus 25% lost.

I am curious do you mean 3-4% from where autowake fills to to start with? or from 100% full?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead