Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    A few more holes drilled to finish the year.

Added quick release fender pins. I mounted a little higher than the cleat for two reasons. It helps clear the cleat and allowed me to still use the backing material glassed onto the backside of the deck for the cleat.
    And now I have another mod to do this winter haha. I had no idea these existed. Where did you put the front pin? Reason I ask is it seems like the front cleat on the max is too far forward for hanging a bumper due to the curvature of the bow, curious if you mounted it more aft.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    I haven’t found a mount that doesn’t shake like crazy still. We just hold it... sucks, but you get smooth video
    I'd be curious to see the results of the new Hero7 with the built in image stabilization...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I'd be curious to see the results of the new Hero7 with the built in image stabilization...
    Dang, I’m Out of the loop on gopros’s... hadn’t heard about that. I’m game if it works!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I've heard good things on the Hero 7 and it had a great writeup on Gizmodo. Just hard to swing the price if you already have a 5 or 6.

I have a Hero 3+ Black Edition, I think was the first to film 4K. Great camera but low light filming is hit or miss. The spring would be perfect for me to upgrade and get a 7.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    And now I have another mod to do this winter haha. I had no idea these existed. Where did you put the front pin? Reason I ask is it seems like the front cleat on the max is too far forward for hanging a bumper due to the curvature of the bow, curious if you mounted it more aft.
    Installed right behind the front cleat to not interfere with a line going forward. I plan to order 2 more to mount midship on the topside gunnel between the tower and windshield. The Max needs some midship protection when docked. You can order the receiver without the pins as well if you just use fenders on one side of the boat at a time.

Taco Metals Marine Stainless Steel Quick Release Fender Lock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S80R4JY..._WH7iCbWX4CR6S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    A few more holes drilled to finish the year.

Added quick release fender pins. I mounted a little higher than the cleat for two reasons. It helps clear the cleat and allowed me to still use the backing material glassed onto the backside of the deck for the cleat.
    Check out them BABZ or EXILE fenders, for a length of time you will get fender rash with them standard ones. Just a though, fender rash looks like crap on flake gel.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Check out them BABZ or EXILE fenders, for a length of time you will get fender rash with them standard ones. Just a though, fender rash looks like crap on flake gel.
    I’ll swap the fender for Exile bouy balls. I have 4 or 5 that I use. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

You can also get some Polyform Elite fender covers from Amazon that slip over your fenders for added protection.
    2018 Moomba Mojo