Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for board suggestion

I recently ordered a new Mondo. I am looking for my next board and need recommendations. I don't really want to spend $1000 on a board just looking for something i could get for under $500 that will have some durability but will work with my boat for surfing.

I am new or newer to surfing so i don't need a trick board yet, but something that is fast enough to match the wake this boat will put out.. I am 200lbs, 6' tall and can surf. But 360's etc.. are not something i care about yet. I can carve, switch sides etc... but at my age wakeboarding is getting more painful.

recommend me a board that will work with this boat. Something that doesn't need a 6' tall wave to drop the rope. Because i am new to Moomba i am not sure what kind of wake the mondo can produce yet. My current board is a Inland surfer TAKO. Never really liked that boat as it will nose dive pretty easily.
    2019 Mondo

Conelly 4’10” Voodoo... my favorite new board. It rips and it can be had for under $400. I haven’t ridden my Doomswell in a while.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Hi,

Having tried a lot of boards recently, wide and flat with skim style sharp rails is what you want for a fast board that will make the most of whatever wake is available on the day.

Of all the boards I have tried, the Jobe Exus 2017 is the fastest I have tried, its very wide at over 22 inches and has a slight concave bottom which helps with lift in a mediocre wake. The board also has 3 FCS Fins and responds well to changes in fin configurations for a different type of ride.

Its also a cheaper board, I killed mine by leaving it in the sun - surface temps reach 160F in Dubai - but would happily buy another.

mpbanskie

There are so many good boards out there. On my boat, some of the fan favourites are:

1) Hyperlite Shim - This is a surprisingly fun board for people just learning or more intermediate.
    2) Ronix Koal Classic Longboard - This board is really fun...great for beginners...but I like it for just cruisy rides for long mellow bottom turns. I also ride double with my kids on it....spun my first 360s on it as well.
    3) Ronix Powertail - This is a fun surf style board that is crazy buoyant and works really well on smaller waves too.
    4) Ronix PowerFish - This is a really fun board....removing the middle fin makes it really loose on the lip...has very little rocker so is prone to dipping the nose until you get used to it.

This is a few boards, some of them might be a bit outta your budget...but i could recommend any of the 4 of them.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

If I was you I’d demo some boards from your local pro shop. I’d also get a board that you can grow into not one you’ll get bored off and then buy another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Doomswell has their 2018 boards heavily discounted. I have not loved a lot by ronix lately myself, i have really come to love hand shaped boards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have an Outback DD. Is there a skim board I could use to surf? I have a 750# bag I can fill up. I really don't want to modify much.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I am a soulcraft fanboy and if you move into a custom, Jeff is the only guy to order from.

that being said, the OP's original question, the ronix koal as mentioned is a great board that doesn't break the bank. it's available in several different configurations..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Lots of SoulCraft fan boys. Certainly good products and Jeff is a great guy.

I have also had some awesome Chaos Surf Co sticks from Nick over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If OP is still looking, Evo has a pretty big sale right now on a bunch of stuff. There's some 2018 blems that rae really steeply discounted. Picked up a Broadcast, Hi-Fi, etc. for around 60% off w/ free shipping.
    --
    2019 Craz