Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes, the cans would have to be elevated. We put a towel on the sundeck and then set the can up there. It works great. I started with the shaker siphon mentioned above and it works great. It's a game changer - I will never pour fuel cans again. But then... I learned about this: https://www.turbosiphon.com/ and it is amazingly fast. I only wish they had a small diameter nozzle on the end so that it could fit in normal automotive fillers - I need to do my own mod.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Get a fuel pump, put on a power connector and a couple of hoses. I do in situ fueling of my motor home where I may be pumping 40 gallons at a time.

https://www.amazon.com/CarBole-Perfo...tive+fuel+pump
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by johnh577777 View Post
    I ordered the Flow-Fast 21 gallon system with 4 extra gas cans last week from overtons. A total of 63 gallons and it says it pumps 8 gallons per minute. Looks like the way to go but it’s expensive, it was either this or a custom made fuel trailer for me. I’m not messing around with 5 gallon cans when it comes to a 65 gallon gas tank.
    https://www.overtons.com/product/det...ystem&i=331183

It’s also 25% off right now with the code, still expensive though...
    That is a cool system. And yes, pricey.

Probably 60# per can. That dolly would be nice on the dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Just get some regular ol gas cans. But here’s the trick... tractor supply sells non certified nozzles! Just screw then on and it’s like the old days. And way cheaper than motorcycle jugs.
    We use them around the ranch on all the cans.
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...lacement-spout
    +1 Lots of old school gas can conversion kits available on Ebay as well. I have both motorcycle jugs and old school gas cans and the VP jugs are way better for pouring but less easy to store / transport.
    '14 Mojo 2.5

Default Portable gas tank recommendations

Isn’t pulling the boat out and going to the gas station easier? Than lugging 13 5 gallon jugs?

Or just get a transfer tank for your pick up bed.
    Most start at 36 gallons.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 12-17-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Isn’t pulling the boat out and going to the gas station easier? Than lugging 13 5 gallon jugs?

My boat is at our dock in the summer so trailering is not an option. Over a weekend I usually burn about 20 to 50 gallons and can get away with 10 5 gallon gas fillups . I have 6 cans so that is 2 trips to the gas station. I figure I'm saving at least 10 dollars per can.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Or just get a transfer tank for your pick up bed.
    Most start at 36 gallons.

Too funny as the best camping and boating is where no one is around and for that to happen civilization as we know it is literally hours away. It was common to have 8-10 gas cans in the boat on a camping trip to be used boating and the remainder going into the motorhome for the trip back. All of the cans were empty on the trip back home. It was interesting when I got gas at Costco and pulled out all the cans from under the tonneau cover knowing I won't be going anywhere for about 20 minutes and at least two resets of the pumps.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Just get some regular ol gas cans. But here’s the trick... tractor supply sells non certified nozzles! Just screw then on and it’s like the old days. And way cheaper than motorcycle jugs.
    We use them around the ranch on all the cans.
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...lacement-spout
    If you're spending $13 on the replacement spout, you might as well just get the VP jugs. Just my opinion. I love how the VP jugs fit perfectly under the tonneau cover of the F150.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Yes, the cans would have to be elevated. We put a towel on the sundeck and then set the can up there. It works great. I started with the shaker siphon mentioned above and it works great. It's a game changer - I will never pour fuel cans again. But then... I learned about this: https://www.turbosiphon.com/ and it is amazingly fast. I only wish they had a small diameter nozzle on the end so that it could fit in normal automotive fillers - I need to do my own mod.
    I have the turbo siphon. it works well. sometimes I'll use it, and sometimes I'll just pour straight from the VP jugs. It's damn quick for the vp jugs to dump 6 gallons through the 1" hose.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    If you're spending $13 on the replacement spout, you might as well just get the VP jugs. Just my opinion. I love how the VP jugs fit perfectly under the tonneau cover of the F150.
    Maybe... but how many gas cans do most people have already? If you’re anything like me, 4-5 just in the garage. Buy one nozzle and move it from can to can. Our tractor holds 15 gallons of diesel. That’s what we do.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400