Default Mobius ballast upgrade

I’m thinking about upgrading my stock rear ballasts in my 2013 Mobius to 850s. I found some used for a good price. I like my current surf wave but I thought why not upgrade. If I don’t upgrade my front ballast weight, will increasing my rear by 400 pounds make the wake be too short? Will I be surfing a lot closer to the back of the boat?

i am not as knowledgeable as others on this but i would say yes, adding more weight to the back of the boat without changing anything else will give you a steeper but shorter wave to work with. I would say you could upgrade to a larger bow bag if you have room, add an extra bag just to sit on top of the bow seats and fill it with a portable pump, add some lead bags, or just adjust your wake plate so the bow comes down more ( that probably depends on where you have it now). I'm sure others will chime in with other/better info.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Definitely need to add front ballast if you adding that March to the rear. Makes a big difference in this hull.
    '07 LSV
    340 EXT CAT SS
    Probably the only one in the UK
    [/SIGPIC]

I’m with STX - Definitely upgrade the front and rear bags at the same time. On our ‘14 LSV I upgraded the rear bags to 900’s, added a 500# IBS and wish I went with the 650.... I actually kept the stock 650’s and bought a Tsunami pump for additional weight for when we surf with just 3 people and it works great. But the LSV really likes bow weight so make sure to upgrade your IBS at the same time
    2020 Super Air Natique GS22, Admiral Blue Flake & Tsunami Grey
    1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout
    2014 LSV, Fire Red & Silver Flake (Sold)