Thread: 2019 se 550

Default 2019 se 550

Not going to go into a review, its a great boat and reviews have already been done. Ill just post some real time photos for you all to enjoy along with some performance data. I dont think anyone has run the weight I have yet or played around with props so..

2019 SE 550 with 3 people on board, running 1k in lead and 650lb PNP bags in the rear locker. Ballast total is hovering around the 6300lb mark. Running a 16x15 with some funky cup in it. Performance wise, the boat surfs at a staggering 3100 Rpm in the mid 11s, and only 3300 in the mid 12's and thats with the ballast listed above and 3 people inside the cabin. Factory weight surfs around 2700Rpm

I think she has a ton more room to go up in either people weight or ballast but I like it enough now to leave it alone. For perspective the big guy in the photo on the goofy side is around 6'5 and I am around 5'8 riding the regular side.

Quite impressive so far. The performance is really something else all around especially in the efficiency category. A big boat shouldnt be able to run like that with that v drive reduction and weight but it does.

Really something else....

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

Boat is spectacular. Smooth as silk. Skier’s is on fire with this one. I have taken a few cues from this SE to take to my Makai and step it up a notch. I am not gonna get to SE levels though; it’s in a class by itself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pictures, the SE I feel will convert a lot of other brand owners over to Skiers Choice. Just plain AMAZING!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Default ?

I didn't realize the 550 got a gear reduction thought the 450 was the only one to get it? Unless i read that wrong, i I'd like some info on the prop for my 17 SE550
    Last edited by Charlie99; 11-19-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    2017 Supra SE 550

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99 View Post
    I didn't realize the 550 got a gear reduction thought the 450 was the only one to get it? Unless i read that wrong, i I'd like some info on the prop for my 17 SE550
    It didnt get a reduction change which is why its that much more impressive. It still has the 1.5-1 in the 550.

Sweet pics. Cool to read about those RPMs too.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

What is the brand and model of prop you are running?

Quote Originally Posted by jgriffn View Post
    What is the brand and model of prop you are running?
    Im running an Acme 16/15. The prop is not stamped with a part prop/part number yet since it hasnt quite made it to production but Ill give you an answer as soon as I get it.