Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am pretty certain actual overall wave quality/power/shape etc is the same (or close) between 2.0 and 3.0, but the added articulation aids in wave face cleanup with less listing required.

That’s my impression, but hearing real world experience would be cool.

As far as upgrading goes—it would be easy as pie from what I can tell? They appear to be literally the same plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I am pretty certain actual overall wave quality/power/shape etc is the same (or close) between 2.0 and 3.0, but the added articulation aids in wave face cleanup with less listing required.

That’s my impression, but hearing real world experience would be cool.

As far as upgrading goes—it would be easy as pie from what I can tell? They appear to be literally the same plate.

So on my demo day I was supposed to demo a 2018 Mojo Pro and a 2019 Makai but I never got to demo the Mojo as the salesman ran up on a sandbar and chewed the prop up before we got there(lake was 2’ low) so I never got to see the wave but he said that the main difference is 3.0 make for a cleaner face. (Long story short after that day I am ordering a Makai hahaha) I definitely think it would be interesting to know if 3.0 makes for easier transitions. as far as the hardware it looks pretty simple but I am sure the software is also different to actuate the additional cylinder that moves the smaller part of the tab. Is any of it even able to be purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So on my demo day I was supposed to demo a 2018 Mojo Pro and a 2019 Makai but I never got to demo the Mojo as the salesman ran up on a sandbar and chewed the prop up before we got there(lake was 2’ low) so I never got to see the wave but he said that the main difference is 3.0 make for a cleaner face. (Long story short after that day I am ordering a Makai hahaha) I definitely think it would be interesting to know if 3.0 makes for easier transitions. as far as the hardware it looks pretty simple but I am sure the software is also different to actuate the additional cylinder that moves the smaller part of the tab. Is any of it even able to be purchased?
    Not at the moment—but you could easily make those extra actuators work on the simplest rocker switches. Sort of an auto/manual system. I wonder if they get adjusted constantly or if they find a happy place and generally stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Do you have any stories to tell? I’m wondering if this is the magic pill that makes clean switching a reality. My time out in that SE 550 and it’s clean switching was just heavenly!
    There's a huge difference between the Supra surf system and Moomba. Flow 3.0 with the second actuators is only available for the Pro series of Moomba's. I got a random weekend with a Mojo Pro and it was amazing. I'm a rookie when it comes to wave, size, push, etc. but I did fill it was easy to just got 100% on the Pro and was able to surf both sides no problem. 3.0 seems to try and help "crab" the boat more which is helping clean up the waves and give you the option to surf 100% and not listed.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    There's a huge difference between the Supra surf system and Moomba. Flow 3.0 with the second actuators is only available for the Pro series of Moomba's. I got a random weekend with a Mojo Pro and it was amazing. I'm a rookie when it comes to wave, size, push, etc. but I did fill it was easy to just got 100% on the Pro and was able to surf both sides no problem. 3.0 seems to try and help "crab" the boat more which is helping clean up the waves and give you the option to surf 100% and not listed.
    Having tried both the Supra swell 3.0 and Moomba Flow 2.0/3.0, which system do you prefer?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Having tried both the Supra swell 3.0 and Moomba Flow 2.0/3.0, which system do you prefer?

I actually don't think its really possible to articulate any differences. There are too many variables on the table to possibly pinpoint the surf system as the difference. Flow 3.0 uses the second articulation to accomplish what Swell 3.0 has built into it: crabbing action. That particular moment of force is what allows a level weighted boat to create a cleaner wave with less list. Flow 2.0, which lacks that component, needs a little list. Swell 2.0, also lacking that type of design, required the same list to clean up.

Beyond that, all surf plates really do the same thing +/- minuscule differences which may or may not actually translate to the wave. Majority of the wave size comes of course from displacement, and majority of the wave shape comes from hull design. Beyond that, the particular type of plate that us used makes a small additional difference if any.

The only real "novel" design is GSA, and some would say it adds a little punch to the rear of the wave with its thrust vectoring design. Again, obviously debated. I thought it worked very well. Its an excellent aftermarket option. And really the only turnkey aftermarket option....so there's that.

What is the crabbing action?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What is the crabbing action?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Introducing a yaw moment on the boat. Driving it sideways a little as it goes forward.