Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Well, I made it to November again! Today was another test run after throwing even more parts at my engine.

The HP and LP pumps I installed didn't fix my problems.

This round I replaced:
    • New alternator (I had previously bought)
    • New plug wires
    • New Coil Wire (I did find corrosion on one of the ends of the old coil wire)
    • Re-gapped spark plugs to 0.060" spec
    • New ignition coil
    • Fixed a part of the ignition coil control harness where it had worn through the insulation expose a tiny bit of the conductor
    Is that Ignition Coil mounted to motor with a few bolts or screws?
    Looks to have two harnesses connected to it and one coil wire?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Is that Ignition Coil mounted to motor with a few bolts or screws?
    Looks to have two harnesses connected to it and one coil wire?
    Mounted with 2 nuts and bolts.
    Yes, 2 wire harnesses and the coil wire.

Last edited by trayson; 11-13-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Had a quick trip to Powell - wish I could have stayed longer because it’s about to get really nice out there for the next few days. Overall, it hurt a little to put her away for a couple months. We have a winter trip scheduled in February... can’t come soon enough.
    28B39C09-3645-4525-85D8-E268D19871E2.jpg

Mounted with 2 nuts and bolts.
    Yes, 2 wire harnesses and the coil wire.
    Thanks . . . . . !
    2018 Supra SL400

Beautiful day in Middle Tennessee! Finally got her cleaned up ready for Spring!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Well, I'm all in now. Upholstery removed from the XLV. Should be quite the project. Saving money by doing at least the remove/replace of the pieces on the boat.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

What did you get quoted for the redo?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What did you get quoted for the redo?
    it's gonna depend on how much I do. If I dropped the boat off and had them do everything it would have been about $4k. But if I just give him skins to use as a pattern and remove the skins myself and reinstall the new skins it'd be $2k or less. But I'm not sure I'll be able to do a good enough job reinstalling the skins and not getting wrinkles so I'm not sure what level of involvement I'll have. Thinking I'll get the staples pulled as that's pretty labor intensive and will save me some money.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default November 2018 Picture Thread

You can save a lot of money just by removing all the staples attaching the skins to the seats. This is time consuming for an upholstery shop. They have to be gone to attach the new skins and new staples. Make sure they use stainless staples. My friend owns and upholstery shop here in Florida and luckily we worked out a deal. All it cost me was material but I removed from boat and removed all staples. On your curved cushions you need to make a template so the upholstery shop knows how the cushions goes back in or you will have wrinkles on the curves. I see a lot of pictures on here after people have them redone. It looks terrible. If you have any questions just let me know.
    Last edited by 98outback; 11-26-2018 at 02:21 PM.

it's gonna depend on how much I do. If I dropped the boat off and had them do everything it would have been about $4k. But if I just give him skins to use as a pattern and remove the skins myself and reinstall the new skins it'd be $2k or less. But I'm not sure I'll be able to do a good enough job reinstalling the skins and not getting wrinkles so I'm not sure what level of involvement I'll have. Thinking I'll get the staples pulled as that's pretty labor intensive and will save me some money.
    Thanks. I was thinking the job would be 4-5k.

My 07 Supra is about the same size. Good condition now, but I’m thinking about getting a newer boat before that repair hits me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400