Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default November 2018 Picture Thread

Well, I made it to November again! Today was another test run after throwing even more parts at my engine.

The HP and LP pumps I installed didn't fix my problems.

This round I replaced:
    • New alternator (I had previously bought)
    • New plug wires
    • New Coil Wire (I did find corrosion on one of the ends of the old coil wire)
    • Re-gapped spark plugs to 0.060" spec
    • New ignition coil
    • Fixed a part of the ignition coil control harness where it had worn through the insulation expose a tiny bit of the conductor

I ran it through the paces. There and back 7 miles each way at 3500 RPMs. Then four of the 2.5 mile lengths of our slough. 1 with no ballast at 28mph, 1 with 1180lbs at 21.5mph, and 2 at 10mph with 3000+ lbs of ballast. No issues and the fuel consumption seemed better than it's been lately. So hopefully I'm finally in good shape.

Water was so smooth today!

She's ready. Comp vest under the drysuit just in case.

Wife took a surf set. Water temp is in the mid-50s. Sure we could do wetsuits, but drysuits are way more comfy!

If you see a pirate flag at half mast, what does that mean? The wife thinks it represents Zombie Pirates.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think it is a Pirate Tinder signal ....Wench wanted come aboard....LOL......so lucky to still have water to surf, our ponds already starting to ice over in the am.....
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by psycho-heico View Post
    I think it is a Pirate Tinder signal ....Wench wanted come aboard....LOL......so lucky to still have water to surf, our ponds already starting to ice over in the am.....
    Our rivers never freeze. coldest I've seen our water is 36.

But I'm headed your way soon! Hitting up Banff the first week of December. Hoping for lots of winter up there!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

crappy timing I will be in Mexico until the 8th, PM me your exact dates, would like to buy you a cold Canadian beer or 2 .....
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

crappy timing I will be in Mexico until the 8th, PM me your exact dates, would like to buy you a cold Canadian beer or 2 .....
    Ah bummer. Yeah, we'll be rolling into Banff (from the West) on the evening of Sat Dec 1 and we'll be leaving town sometime Friday morning 12/7. Thanks for the offer though! (even though I'm not a beer drinker, haha)
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

As is often the case, Veteran's Day weekend was sunny and beautiful in the PNW. Water temp was 53 and air temp started in the upper 40s and ended in the low 50s. Drysuit, gloves, and booties for sure. The boat seemed to run okay, so that was positive.

After we finished, the wind was picking up. The sailboats were out, and Mt Hood is blanketed in white.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Then my son helped me empty out the boat and winterize. Bags removed, block drained, hoses blown out. I'm letting it air out a bit more (under the carport) and soon I'll throw the fans and damp-rid in there and put the cover on.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

I see the wife sporting Outdoor Research head band...great company close to you...I have all my outdoor gear from them..They give first responders 50% off....I took advantage ...maybe too many items, so the wife says..... I guess now with boat away, time to plan your ski trip.......

I see the wife sporting Outdoor Research head band...great company close to you...I have all my outdoor gear from them..They give first responders 50% off....I took advantage ...maybe too many items, so the wife says..... I guess now with boat away, time to plan your ski trip.......
    Agreed. OR is a fantastic company located in the Seattle area, a couple hours North of me. They make bomber gear. I've used their gloves for YEARS and they absolutely have the best touch-tec leather to use my smartphone even though big warm gloves. And their "infinite" guarantee is the best in the industry.

I'm pretty spoiled actually, since locally we have Columbia/Mountain Hardwear/Prana. And we also have Adidas. And of course Nike/Hurley. I get passes/access to buy gear at the employee prices regularly. You'd think we're sponsored by Columbia/Mtn Hardwear with all the gear we have! LOL. It's sure nice never having to pay retail for all that gear!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Yay first time out for the start of the season here....

Just a couple of pics from our first venture out, weather has been pretty poor till now.
    DSC_0062.jpgDSC_0066.jpg
    Pics of Lake Eildon around a place called Jerusalem Creek.
    Was also Remembrance Day so 1 min of silence taken at 11:00am, was quiet for sure.

Tried out a Ronix Potbelly Cruiser surf board, wow heaps of fun, thigh muscles still recovering from the excitement!
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo