Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking the job would be 4-5k.

My 07 Supra is about the same size. Good condition now, but I’m thinking about getting a newer boat before that repair hits me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's gonna be REALLY interesting trying to reinstall all the backrests. Some of those spots are crazy to get to and It's going to be a huge pain to reinstall some of the locations. :-/

That said, two of us knocked out the removal of all the upholstery in about 2.5 hours.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Here in Jacksonville Florida I had a couple prices ranging from 4-6k. Good thing my best friend owns and upholstery shop. Before and after.

That was a Supra 22ssv. All of these boats have a lot of cushions.

I need a friend like that.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    it's gonna depend on how much I do. If I dropped the boat off and had them do everything it would have been about $4k. But if I just give him skins to use as a pattern and remove the skins myself and reinstall the new skins it'd be $2k or less. But I'm not sure I'll be able to do a good enough job reinstalling the skins and not getting wrinkles so I'm not sure what level of involvement I'll have. Thinking I'll get the staples pulled as that's pretty labor intensive and will save me some money.
    Got to look at the upholstery as “remodel” that someday you will get your money back. I am guessing you paid a much reduced price for that boat with a crappy interior and it’s worth next to nothing like it is. No different than remodeling the kitchen in your house...it will pay you back someday. While painful spending the money it’s still an investment..
    Last edited by brad460; 11-26-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Got to look at the upholstery as “remodel” that someday you will get your money back. I am guessing you paid a much reduced price for that boat with a crappy interior and it’s worth next to nothing like it is. No different than remodeling the kitchen in your house...it will pay you back someday. While painful spending the money it’s still an investment..
    Oh I know. My upholstery was in decent shape when I got the boat, but I think that overspray from spray sunscreen (even with us TRYING to be as careful as possible using it on the swim deck only) took its toll.

I've been keeping it passable with patches and vinyl tape (I've even been using tape in the colors of my upholstery to make it look a smidge better). But I know that eventually I'll have to get it fixed, even to make it attractive to trade or sell down the road. I might have been able to squeeze a touch more time out of the existing vinyl, but I figure that if I'm gonna have to pay for new upholstery at some point, I might as well just do it now and be able to enjoy it more. And I put a lot of hours on my boat every year (I actually use it a LOT).

I wouldn't say that my boat is worth next to nothing with the handful of small tears (because I haven't let them become big gaping rips), but I get it that it's certainly worth less and is quite a bit less attractive.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

You'll appreciate the upgrade on the vinyl. I replaced mine as they either cracked, suntan spray or cut. I stayed with the same color scheme so doing a few pieces each winter worked out well. Surprisingly, the driver's seat was the only one that never needed the change out.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Got out this past weekend again, water isnt too cold yet.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    You'll appreciate the upgrade on the vinyl. I replaced mine as they either cracked, suntan spray or cut. I stayed with the same color scheme so doing a few pieces each winter worked out well. Surprisingly, the driver's seat was the only one that never needed the change out.
    I'm going all in. Changing up the colors a bit, so it's all or nothing for me. I suppose there were some that didn't absolutely NEED replacing, but I think I could find cracks or imperfections on just about everything if I looked on the sides and everything.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by elevatedconcept View Post
    Got out this past weekend again, water isnt too cold yet.

FullSizeRender.jpg
    When is the water "too cold"?
    www.TraysonsToybox.com