Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elevatedconcept View Post
    Got out this past weekend again, water isn't too cold yet.
    Sweet baby Jesus, that is a good looking ride.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by elevatedconcept View Post
    Got out this past weekend again, water isnt too cold yet.

Attachment 27851
    Get some tint on that SE....it would look killer!!
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    our current boat came with tint on it. it's a real pita to see thru. it's coming off in the spring.
    may make a boat look cool but the tradeoff for visibility is not worth it. same reason you can't tint a car front windshield
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    our current boat came with tint on it. it's a real pita to see thru. it's coming off in the spring.
    may make a boat look cool but the tradeoff for visibility is not worth it. same reason you can't tint a car front windshield
    I agree, 5% is pretty hard to see through. I have 20% DUB IR Ceramic tint, it looks awesome on the outside but the visibility is still excellent through the windshield when seated without the bolster. Normally I have the bolster flipped so I'm looking over the windshield. The other thing is that the ceramic tint actually made a noticeable reduction with interior temps and I'm no longer afraid to leave my phone on the dash.

With IR ceramic tint, my DUB IR dealer actually has a lot of folks tinting their car front windshield (50% or 70%) simply for the IR reflectance to reduce black leather car temps in the Texas sun.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    When is the water "too cold"?
    Here? It gets too about 58 in mid dec/January and thats chilly for me...........

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Not a tint guy

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus, that is a good looking ride.
    Thanks big dog. Anytime you come into Cali let me know, stop by the shop we can go play etc...

Oh I know. My upholstery was in decent shape when I got the boat, but I think that overspray from spray sunscreen (even with us TRYING to be as careful as possible using it on the swim deck only) took its toll.

I've been keeping it passable with patches and vinyl tape (I've even been using tape in the colors of my upholstery to make it look a smidge better). But I know that eventually I'll have to get it fixed, even to make it attractive to trade or sell down the road. I might have been able to squeeze a touch more time out of the existing vinyl, but I figure that if I'm gonna have to pay for new upholstery at some point, I might as well just do it now and be able to enjoy it more. And I put a lot of hours on my boat every year (I actually use it a LOT).

I wouldn't say that my boat is worth next to nothing with the handful of small tears (because I haven't let them become big gaping rips), but I get it that it's certainly worth less and is quite a bit less attractive.
    Curious who you're having do the vinyl work?

On the reinstall, one word - ratchet wrenches. Ok, that's 2 words.

You might take a close look at the condition of the foam when you get to that point. If it's smashed flat from all the bikini babes you pile in there, at least the engine cover, now is the time to replace.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Curious who you're having do the vinyl work?

On the reinstall, one word - ratchet wrenches. Ok, that's 2 words.

You might take a close look at the condition of the foam when you get to that point. If it's smashed flat from all the bikini babes you pile in there, at least the engine cover, now is the time to replace.
    I haven't locked myself into anywhere yet, but I've talked with a guy in Tigard that did my buddy's Tige. He quoted me $4k if I dropped off the boat, I think about $3500 if I just gave him the pieces, and $2k or less if I gave him the skins and did the rest myself. If you have suggestions for someone that would do it for less, I'm all ears. I called that shop that AWS uses and they wanted like $5k to $6k, it was ridiculous.

I'm thinking I'll pull all the staples and have a shop do the rest. I don't know if I could get it stretched back nicely on the reinstall.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I don't know if I could get it stretched back nicely on the reinstall.
    See if the business would be agreeable to make the skins and you install on a section or two and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out then have them install them. Usually, these places are busy enough they would welcome it and probably give you advice if needed.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD