Default WTB Helix 650lb ballast bags.

I’m looking for a set of Moomba Helix factory 650lb bags. I know a lot of you guys have upgraded and have these sitting around.
    If It Was Easy Everybody Would Do It!

I'm planning to upgrade my stock Helix bags, although I think they are 850 pounds (2017).
    2017 Moomba Helix

Quote Originally Posted by spatty99 View Post
    I'm planning to upgrade my stock Helix bags, although I think they are 850 pounds (2017).
    Nope, they're 650
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

The specs call out 2100 total ballast with the bow bag at 400. Is there another bag in addition to the rears?...
    That would make the 1140 upgrade quite the jump.
    2017 Moomba Helix

The specs call out 2100 total ballast with the bow bag at 400. Is there another bag in addition to the rears?...
    That would make the 1140 upgrade quite the jump.
    The rears are 650 for a total of 1300. The Helix's all have a 400 hard tank in the center of the floor for 1700 which is the standard setup. If you get the Surf Edition upgrade that will add another 400 for the bow bag for a total of 2100. So yes, if you add the 1100s you will be adding an additional 900# to the rear. This is a good first upgrade but what it will produce is a steep, yet very short length wave that will have you riding right off the rear of the boat. Eventually, you have to either add more weight to the front to get the bow down and lengthen the wave or not fill the rears completely and just resign to the fact that you will be surfing a few feet off the rear platform with little to no room to do much.

I added the 1100s immediately after buying the boat. I then added 1000# of leadwake bags throughout the boat and reused one of my 650 rears in the surf side compartments. I typically run close to 4100# in my 17 Helix and the wave is a beast for an entry level boat.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Awesome, thanks so much for the info!!
    2017 Moomba Helix

This is why good forums are awesome. You learn new things every day. Even in the classified section!

Awesome, thanks so much for the info!!
    Anytime. I had to learn a lot on my own when I first bought my Helix. Eventually I found a few guys with Helix's and we all just experimented and shared info. The least I can do is pass the knowledge on and hope it helps someone get the most out of their Moomba. Hit me up if you have any more questions.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    This is why good forums are awesome. You learn new things every day. Even in the classified section!
    Lol, true that!
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

I found a set from a member here. Thanks guys!!